Beards - Tauriel x Reader

A/n: So yeah, this happened. I apologise for my absence, I've been busy with schoolwork and have had a total writers block recently.
(Also, the reader is female, but dwarrowdams have beards as well)
...
With your eyes fixed on her, you ran a finger over your cheek, disturbing the bit of hair you had there. She was doing her rounds, you supposed, checking each cell was locked and no prisoner could escape.
There was no doubt about it. You liked her. So maybe you hadn't spoken properly, and maybe you were her prisoner, but who cares? Alright, albeit the dozen angry dwarves sat in other compartments around the cavern that would skin you alive for even looking at the elf maid.
A shadow came over the floor where you were sat, prompting you to look up at the figure in front of you. She had long red hair that was neatly braided along her back, and was dressed in the green of the Mirkwood guards. Your breath caught in your throat at her stunning features, beautiful amongst almost any culture, even without any form of facial hair. Obviously you'd seen her earlier than this, but in that light, that close, she seemed almost surreal; a woodland goddess.
At a loss for words, your fingers found the cold surface of your necklace, which bore a small flat disc of silver on the leather cord. It was a gift from your father on your 50th birthday, later to become a good luck charm; hence it coming with you.
"What have you got there?"
The voice snapped you back into reality, back to where she was stood in front of the bars, an inquisitive look playing on her features. You dropped the pendant, letting it fall back against your chest.
"Nothing." Too gruff, (Y/n), too gruff! "I, uh, I mean, it's not much at all really..."
The elf carried on staring. Oh, curse your awkwardness! Feeling your face go red, you flicked a glance to where Kili was sat across the room, looking more than a little agitated.
"It doesn't look like nothing." Her voice, oh, her voice! Like nothing you had ever heard before!
"Just a necklace, a token." Fixing your gaze back at her you forcefully shoved the necklace back down the neck of your tunic. There was a brief pause where the she-elf looked as if she was going to walk away, and you cursed yourself for being so harsh with your words, as a dwarf often was.
"It was my father's!" You chirped, possibly a little too quickly. "Well, a gift from him anyway. He's a miner, so one day he brought this back for me, a birthday present. I-it was meant to have my name on it, but we never got the time."
To your eternal relief, this made her stop again. She looked you up and down before finally turning to lean by your door. There was a flame of curiosity in her eyes, and you were internally dancing at the idea of talking to her some more.
"Tell me..." She said slowly, as if she had thought carefully about what she was going to ask. "Do all dwarvish women have beards?"
Oh Mahal! She could distinguish you as a woman! That was a rare thing, given your beard (that nearly matched Fili's) and physique. This took so long to process that you almost forgot to answer, until she coughed quietly.
"Uh, y-yeah, most of us do. That's why they say there aren't any women, see, they can't much tell us apart."
The elf nodded slowly, taking in the new information.
"Sounds like a party up there..." You remark, butting your chin up at the ceiling. Once more, the elf nodded, shaking her red hair.
"Yes..." She gave you a remorseful look. "I should be getting back."
"Of course." As her feet begin to guide her away, you call one last thing. "Wait! I never quite caught your name..."