Chapter 9

Natsu's POV

I was walking pass by the hallway on the second floor of the Science building. I'm looking for Gray and I can't find him anywhere. I heard a laugh below and I take a look at it.

"Hey isn't that, Jellal and Lucy? What are they doing?" I said as I lean forward at the window

"Do they really know each other? They are talking casually. And this is the first time I've seen them together, or I just didn't notice it before?" Hmmp! Who cares what their relationship is, I like care about them. I put my hands on my pocket and continue walking along the corridor, not minding the two.

---

Next class is Music Class and I didn't also know that Jellal is in this class, also Erza, Cana and Mirajane. I know their names because I need to. It's for my plan for Lucy. I need to know all about her and that includes her friends.

I seated beside Lucy and Erza on her other side. Beside Erza is Jellal and Cana behind her. Mira is seated behind Lucy.

I don't know why but I got a bad feeling about today. I sense something is going on between Jellal and Lucy. It's bothering me and I am getting curious because they keep passing notes.

I look at Lucy who is reading a note from Jellal. Her eyebrows crossed and tear up the paper. That was the second paper that Jellal gave her.

She looks at Jellal and nods. This is getting fishy, is Jellal picking on her too? Does Jellal like Lucy that's why he didn't agree on the bet or what? Speaking of that from here, I don't know if Jellal likes someone or not. He's not a player like Gray, Loke and me. I didn't even know if he dated someone before. Is he really my friend?

As I observed on Lucy I noticed Erza that is fidgeting on her seat. What a weird girl! It's obvious that she likes Jellal. She's popular of being somewhat a player also but she can't manage to tame a Jellal Fernandez?

---

I distance a bit from Lucy. She didn't talk to me the whole day nor do I talk to her too. I keep on observing their actions. I peek behind the wall to the shoe lockers. I see that Jellal signaled Lucy again and she rolled her eyes and turn her back on him.

I can't really figure it out. What is the relationship of this two? Lucy seems to hate Jellal. I walk to Jellal and rest my arm on his shoulders.

"Hey Jellal! Can I ask you something?" I said

"What is it? And please be quick I have something to do." He said

"What's your connection to Lucy? Ah no I'll change my question. Do you like Lucy and you're picking on her?" I said glaring straight into his eyes

"Huh? What are you talking about?!" He said and pushed me

"Come on Jellal! I've been watching you two all day. Are you planning to steal her from me? You know about the bet right?" I said as I lean my arm on the lockers blocking his way.

"You lost your mind Natsu! It's not like I don't like Lucy but—"

"So you like her? Do you Jellal?"

"I really need to go Natsu and if you may excuse me." He said and walk pass by me

I narrowed my eyes as I look at him while walking away. I'll find it out myself if you won't tell me Jellal.

I grab my phone from my pocket and dialed Gray's number.

"Hey bastard where are you? I've been looking for you the whole day!" I said over the phone

"I'm in a meeting?" he said

"Meeting?! Cut that crap! Are you in the bar with Loke again?" I asked a bit pissed

"Okay. Okay. You got me! Yes we are at the bar picking on chicks! You should have come with us but we didn't bother to invite you because you are busy with your Lucy!" he said teasing me!

"I'll let you pass for now Gray! I just want to ask you if you know something about Jellal and Lucy's relationship."

"WHAAAAATTTTT?!!!!" he yelled and I moved my phone away from my ear.

"Those two are in a relationship?!"

"No! Idiot! I mean do you know what their connection is?" I face palmed.

"I don't know. Why do you asked?"

"Nothing. Enjoy your night and you'll taste my fist tomorrow!" I said and hang up.

I went to the parking lot to grab my car. I don't know where Jellal is going but I have a feeling that he will meet up with Lucy. Jellal didn't bring his car today and he is just walking on wherever he is going. I followed him in a distance until I spotted Lucy outside a café. I park my car and spy on them. I went closer to them but I can't hear what they are talking about.

Until I heard Lucy laugh out loud, I immediately went out to where I am hiding and confront them.

"Can you explain me what's going on here?"

---

To be continued...