Chapter 20

There's so much drama going on in my school & with my friends...

High school, I tell ya -.-

BUT HERE'S THE CHAPTERRR. LOTS OF TWISTS AND TURNS HEEHEH

__________________________________________

Elena’s POV:

            “Are you sure you wanna go in by yourself?” Harry asks, pulling the car up in front of my house.

            I nod. “Yeah,” I say. “I think you were involved in enough of my family drama.”

            Harry gives my hand a squeeze. “It’s okay. I don’t care.”

            I smile as I lean over in my seat and kiss his lips softly. “I’ll text you as soon as this is over.”

            Harry bites his lip and nods as I get out of the car. He drives away as I get into my house, shutting the door. Walking further inside, I suddenly could hear shouting coming from upstairs. Running up the stairs, I went to the third floor where the yelling was coming from. Bursting through my parents bedroom door and my eyes widened. My mum’s suitcases were scattered all around, each containing her stuff. Mum stood by one as her mascara ran down her cheeks as she cried, and Dad stood off in the side, glaring at her.

            “Wha-What’s going on?” I stammer, eyes widening.

            Their heads snapped towrds me. Mum’s eyes widened as she quickly wiped her face and Dad’s jaw clenched. “Your mother is leaving,” he didn’t hesitate on saying.

            “Why?” I ask, too shocked to say anything else.

            “Lance, don’t do this,” Mum pleaded.

            “Your mother has been having an affair,” Dad spat in disgust.

            I froze as his words registered in my mind. An affair. My mum was having an affair. She was cheating on my dad. My eyes went over to her to see if it was true, but her teary eyes wouldn’t meet mine. That’s all I needed to know that what Dad was saying was true. I didn’t want to believe him, I didn’t want to believe that my mum was cheating. Why? Why would she do something like that? Did she think about how that would effect us? Dad? Tyler? Or me? Before I could ask her, Dad spoke up.

            “I’m giving you an hour,” he snarls at Mum. “Then I want you gone. I’ll send you the divorce papers by tomorrow evening.” And with that, he leaves.

            My eyes widen and jaw drops. Divorce papers?! What the hell? Could they not just talk about this, and not go so quickly into a divorce? I look at Mum, who’s sobbing on the bed. “Why would you cheat, Mum?” I blurt out.

            She shook her head. “I don’t know,” she sniffled. “I just needed someone’s attention when your father wouldn’t give it to me. And someone who works with your father found out and told him.”