1. Finding Her

1. Finding Her: Charlotte's Pov (Sh-ar-let) pic above^^^

"YOU CALL THIS CLEAN?" one of the men shouts. I don't even have to think or look up to know that he's talking to me. My hand is holding onto the small rag that I was given to clean with, my body crouched down to avoid looking in the eyes of my tormentors. Only a few more hours until I have to go back into the basement.

I keep my mouth shut like it always is when I'm cleaning, speaking will only make my punishment worse. "SCRUB UNTIL I CAN SEE MY REFLECTION, BITCH!" the same man orders, using his foot to slam my head against the floor. "Then we'll have some fun."

I close my eyes and lay there as the dizziness increases. My break only lasts a couple seconds, if any of the pack members saw me resting, Alpha Jones would get angry.  Maybe my head wouldn't hurt so much if I actually had food in my system; the last time I ate it was summer, it's almost winter time right now. 'We can't live like this.' my wolf whimpers.

'I'll end it tonight if you want. I'm just waiting for your consent.' I tell her. I lost my will to live years ago, the only reason I'm still here today is because my wolf doesn't want to die yet. I've tried to take my own life a couple times before, but I never succeeded. If I try again, I won't do it without my wolf being okay with it; it's her life too.

'Not yet.' she says. 'We didn't find mate yet.'

'We don't have a mate.'

'Yes we do!' I hate to argue with the one being who doesn't hurt me, but what I'm telling her is true. Alpha Jones and everybody else constantly tell me why no knight in shining armor came for me. It's because I don't have a mate. 'He just hasn't found us yet.'

'He will reject us.' I tear up a little as I think about what would happen if I actually had a mate, he will reject me the moment he realizes how much of a mess I am. No one wants a mate as weak as me; it's just a fact.

"NO SLEEPING ON THE JOB!!!" an all too familiar voice hollers right into to my ear. I immediately recognize the man as Alpha Dylan Jones. He slams me against the marble counter and starts to unbuckle his belt. My wolf begs to take over and let me rest but I won't allow it. I need her to be as strong as possible so that we'll have a better chance of escape when the time comes.

"Please don't, Alpha." I plead, trying to scooting away, knowing what's about to come.

"You get what you deserve." he sneers.

***

I wake with a scream. Not from my usual nightmares, but because of a sharp pain in my lower back. My hands fly up to cover my mouth in attempt to silence the sound. I was taught long ago that if I wake up anyone in the house, I'll get in trouble for it. I already get punishments for opening my mouth to speak, anything louder than a groan will earn me a camping trip in the rain later on.

"Who wants to go first?" Gamma Dolan's voice asks from outside the attic entrance. My eyes widen in fear, knowing what's about to come. He and the other high ranked wolves make sure that I know my place in this world. They constantly remind me of why no one would ever love or care for me.

'I can't let you take the pain anymore.' my wolf whispers when the door starts to creak open. I try to stop her from taking over, but she's too strong for me to hold back. She pushes forward in my mind and takes control of my body. I've never let her take pain for me, I always told her to save her strength. Today might just be the time that she uses it.

"You've done this for too long." our mixed voices speak in harmony. Before Gamma Dolan knows what's coming, my wolf lunges at him and takes him to the ground. We aren't strong enough to knock him out, but our unexpected attack is enough to keep him down long enough for us to leave the rundown building.