Chapter 20: Oh Goddess

Alerick

Rochelle's scent led me to this secluded spot inbetween the trees. The small brown shack surrounded by fallen trees and dead grass was falling apart itself and looked unsafe if any silly advances were made.

I took two steps forward and tripped over an invisible cord. Immediately swinging tree logs came out of nowhere. I ducked the first two and jumped over the next one.

"Well that was very barbaric. Also gave me a workout." I muttered before continuing towards the shack.

Without looking where I'm going, I stepped on a hunting trap. The jaws of the trap clamped down on foot and my teeth gritted in annoyance. My claws came out and I used them to pry the trap off my leg before removing it. I stared at my injured foot as it healed instanly. Now I was annoyed at the rogues for all their unnecessary  games.

I growled and took a couple steps back for a head start. I ran, jumped then flipped in midair landing directly infront of the little building. I didn't stick the landing and twisted my ankle out of place. I fixed the direction of my broken bones and watched as it healed before reaching towards the door.

My super hearing wasn't working so I had my theory that this door was made of soundproof wood. I leaned my head on the door and heard feet shuffling and a muffled scream on the other side. I was worried if I kicked the door down, the whole building would collaspe so I opened the door slowly waiting for any sudden movements.

No one advanced at me so I continued inside. My wolf's eye came out as I adjusted to the darkness. I left the door open for a quick escape. As I turned around, Rochelle sat in the middle of the room on a wooden chair unconscious with a gag in her mouth and her hands and legs tied to the chair. Her hair was messy on top of her head and under her eyelids looked dark. My heart clenched at the thought of finding Erica like this. Before advancing to her, I listened for any movements again.

I turned to the left and punched the rogue right in his lower abdomen. He bent over in pain and I elbowed his back making him collapse on the ground.

I turned to the right punching the other rogue in his face. I felt his bones cracking under my fist and he fell to the floor unconscious.

Positive they were the only guards inside, I walked over to Rochelle.

I untied her hands and legs and removed her gag before I tried to wake her up.

"Rochelle. Rochelle. Wake up." I tried multiple methods to wake her up; I shook her, slap her face lightly and tried to make her stand up on her own but she only collasped on the ground. She groaned after the fall so I knew she was regaining consciousness.

"Hey! Who are you?" I looked up to see a rogue twice my size. He took a step back when he realized who I was then charged at me.

"Oh goddess." I muttered under my breath. I ducked his swing at me and tackled him. He landed on his back with a thud and punched me. I glared at him before landing two hits in his face.

I got off him and threw Rochelle over my shoulder and she groaned.

"Alright, guess this is how you're getting home."

I exited the shack and slowly placed Rochelle on the ground lightly then I went back to the shack and kicked the door in.