Chapter 2

Calvin POV

(7 MONTHS EARLIER)
(Car ride)

I was still lit up from that party I went too, after I decided to move back to my hometown things was starting to get out of control, the parties, the drinking, the girls. I finally lost control of my life nobody was there to stop me, my homie kai was in cali, chey basically moved on...I still missed her but I wasn't gonna go crazy anymore....

I hit a right turn back to my mama house, my eyes was blurry and I was semi-drunk, i seen the headlights of another truck.....

HOSPITAL

"Sir.....are you okay????" I heard the hosptial heart monitor beeping, i opened my eyes slowly and seen a nurse standing over me.

Me: how I get here?????

I tried getting up but felt a sharp pain in the side of my body, I groaned and laid back down. The nurse was checking the monitor.

Nurse: You don't remember what happened? ?

Me: Nahh...I was trying to drive home....

Nurse: You got into a car accident....you're lucky to be alive right now, if it wasn't for that seat belt you would've been gone for sure....but i wouldn't be in such a rush to go anywhere right now till the doctor comes to see you

Me: Car accident???? The fu....

The doctor walked in with his chart, I rolled my eyes and wiped my eyes.

Doctor: hello Mr harris....I see you finally woke up, how are you feeling??

Me: confused...

Doctor: ehh I figured, do you remember what happened?

Me: no....

Doctor: ambulance rushed you in here quarter till 3 am, luckily you were still breathing when we rushed you into surgery, the injuries was pretty extensive, we had to do 4 blood transfusions and cast up your leg and wrist...you're gonna be out for a little while, besides the pain medication concern, I'll write your prescription...

I looked at the ceiling and sighed, how the hell I end up in the hosptial, nobody even here to make sure I'm okay?

(TODAY)
7 months after
(U.C.L.A CAMPUS)

"Uhh miss, is this your notebook?????" I looked over and seen this pretty girl having a mini panic attack

Girl: yesss, thanks so much for finding my notebook.

I reached my hand out to hand it to her , I could tell her body language was off, her face looked familiar but i couldn't remember who she was.....to be honest my entire memory was half way wiped out...i didn't even remember what happened in the last 2 years.

Me: do i know you from somewhere???

Girl: Nahh I don't think so....

Me: ehh, you're probably right, I just transferred here from NOLA, so I'm still getting use to certain things, but for some weird reason I think I seen that face somewhere before....
Girl: well that's ummm....

Me: Yeaaah....well I returned your notebook so umm...yeaaah
I smiled, she kinda blushed for a second.

Girl: thanks, and what's your name again??

Me: Calvin....

Girl: Ohh okay, well see you around..

She smiled and walked off, it was strange how i knew her face from somewhere, i shooked off the thought and finished on my way.