Chapter 9:

Tara

"You be with the bullshit Tara." Dez said making me turn away from the mirror looking back at him where he laid on the bed rubbing his eyes.

"What? How?" I ask.

"Because you sleep in only a bra and panties, walk around all day on chill days with small ass shorts on, but you aren't trying to give it the fuck up."

I flagged him off after I finished placing my hair in a slick high bun, then wrapping my silk scarf around my head.

"When we start having sex again can we stop using condoms?" He asks.

"No, get tested first."

"Man, I don't plan on sleeping with nobody else, but you."

"So? You still need to get checked. You were fuckin random hoes once upon a time."

"I always used condoms, but I guess Tara."

"Yeah, you guess."

"No, forreal tho Tara you can't be sleeping like that on nights I spend the night over here."

"You are over here every night. That's why our son thinks we are together."

"Then what are we?" He asks.

I shrugged, "You tell me." I said while climbing on to the bed next to him.

"A fuckin couple." He said with no hesitation.

"You think you deserve that?"

"Hell mothafuckin yeah. These past few weeks I've proved I've been all about you. Even the few months we had a part I've only been worried about you."

"That you did." I said picking at my freshly done nails.

"So what's up?"

I rolled my eyes smiling. "I guess."

He grabbed me pulling me on top of him attacking my neck in kisses as he felt on my ass making me giggle. "You too much."

"I really want you to get tested tho. So will I." I said.

"Sure. Then no condoms."

"I guess."

"Then trying for our baby girl."

"I ain't say all that now. Plus I thought your ass doesn't want a daughter."

"Uh, I can deal because I know you want one and whatever you want, I want. Shae ain't too bad so maybe I can handle having a daughter."

"I guess. That won't be happening no time soon tho. We don't need a baby right now. Maybe years, years, years down the line."

"So what, when Zain's a damn teenager?"

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"I asked that being a smart ass."

"And I answered being serious."

"Wow Tara, wow."

*

"Sonny you dressed ya self?" I ask smiling as Zain walks downstairs wearing black jeans, a plaid shirt, and matching Jordans.

"Yup. I need you to button my shirt." He says walking up to me.

"Don't steal my nickname for my son." Dez says.

"Shut up." I said buttoning Zain's shirt then taking his brush and brushing his head.

We were about to go a family cookout that my mom and Dez's mom are having.