05

everyone (including ex-sheriff dewey) arrived at mindy and chads house, they all sat in the living room. Lillian was cuddled up close to Wes and he had his arm around her.

"ooh, suspects. my brother would be so proud"Martha said, she was randy meeks' sister which meant he was chad and mindys uncle.

Martha was also Imogen Beckers Bestfriend they had been since high school.

"hey martha" dewey said, the two hugged each other.
"dewey! hi, you look-" she stopped and just started nodding, he just nodded back. "hows the wife?"
she obviously didnt know they split up.

"okay thanks mom" chad cut her off from saying anything else.

"okay kids have fun" she said before leaving the
room.

"I asked mindy to call everyone here because, theres something i have to tell you" sam looking around the room. "I'm billy Loomis' daughter."

"the killer told me that he knew my secret, he attacked tara to get me here"

"then why immediately go and murder some douchenozzle that was stalking liv?"

"Thats true, theres no correlation" Lillian said.

"well why does it have to be us? what about deputy dewey here? maybe hes the killer, no offense" wes said, lily looked up at him confused.

"none taken, but whats my motive?" dewey asked,

"you got stabbed a billion times, got dumped by your famous wife and climbed into a bottle i think its safe to say youre on the suspect list"

"well maybe youre the killer, cause that cut deep" dewey spoke.

"well that douchenozzle is connected, i googled him. his mom is leslie macher, stu machers sister" amber said

"Oh shit man"Lily swallowed hard.

"whos stu macher?" liv asked

"what?" Lillian said shocked

"he was billy loomis' accomplice" dewey said.

"Okay, okay so the first three attacks are all related to the original killers" sam said.

"Oh my god, hes making a requal" mindy realised,

"a what?" sam asked.

"or like a sequel, fans are torn about the terminology"

"okay please speak english" chad asked.

"okay so you know the stab movie that came out last year?"

"oh yeah the one that the knives out guy directed right? you know i actually really liked that one" liv said

"of course you did, you have terrible taste."

"¡ hate you"

"the point is, the hardcore stab fans hated it, you go on 4chan or dreddit and you see how many people say it pissed on their childhood, how they crammed in social commentary just to make it elevated. how the main character is a mary sue" mindy explained.

"whats a mary sue?" richie asked,

"you really dont want to know" wes answered. Lillian screwed up her face and nodded

"whats wrong with elevated horror? i mean jordan peele fucking rules" amber said,

"well obviously, but thats not stab, real stab movies are meta slasher who dunnits, full stop." mindy said.

"come on its just a movie" sam said.

"no its not, to some people the original is their favourite thing in the world. the movie that made them love horror! the one that their mom or dad showed them when they were ten that bonded them together. and god help anyone that slightly fucks with that special memory. that makes a movie that they think disrespects it."

"it sounds like our killer is writing his own version of stab 8 but doing it as a requal!"

"which is?" dewey asked.

"see you cant just reboot a movie from scratch anymore, the fans wont stand for it. back christmas, childs play, flatliners. that shit doesnt work, but you cant just do a straight sequel either. you gotta build something new, but not too new because otherwise the internet will go butt fucking nuts. its got to be apart of an ongoing story line even if the story line shouldnt have been on going in the first place. new main characters, yes. but supported by and related to legacy characters. not quite a reboot not quite a sequel. like the new halloween, saw, terminator, Jurassic park, ghostbusters. fuck even star wars. it always, always goes back to the original!" mindy ranted.

"are you telling me that im caught up in the middle of fan-fucking-fiction?" sam asked.

"not just in the middle sam, youre the star" mindy said.

"so not to put too fine a point on, according to requal rules, whos next?" liv asked.

"well according to the rules it has to be someone related to someone that came before" mindy leaned back.

"im starting to regret coming here" dewey said.

At this Lillian's blood ran cold, she knew something was wrong and this confirmed it. She was in danger.

"jesus, my mom is a character in one of them" wes said in realisation,

"And my Aunt was the first victim first time around."Lillian said just loud enough for everyone to hear, fear laced her voice and she felt Wes hold her tighter.

"no one cared about the shitty inferior sequels wes, youre safe. but randy is our uncle though, you and i are probably screwed" mindy said,

"If it were me I would've killed Lillian first for story telling point but that's just whatever."Mindy shrugged dropping that so casually.

"Good to know."Lily stuttered.

"wait what?" chat asked.

"or youre the killer and this whole, what, monologue is just to cover your tracks" richie said.

"i think its pretty clear who the killer is at this point" mindy said

"who?" sam asked
"you" mindy accused.

"it makes perfect requal sense"

"it actually does make a lot of sense" chad agreed,
"yeah" liv said.

"fuck this" sam said, getting up and storming out, getting in her car.

leaving everyone else dumbfounded.

it didnt take long for richie to go out and follow her.

"i should get going now, my mom wanted me home asap, are you coming?" wes asked,

"yeah, lets go"lily said.

the couple said their goodbyes and began walking to wes' house.

the two held hands all the way to his house, when they arrived they said hi to his mother and went to his room, Lily left a change of clothes so she wanted to change to be a little more comfortable as the skirt was too short in her opinion.