Ch.7 Melanie

Melanie POV

***

Okay I have to admit hanging out with Sebastian and his family was something enjoyable, but I still think he was a creep who didn't know how to keep his hands to himself. All night long his hands kept wandering and all he would say is, 'they know where they wanna be'.

I scoffed at that he was like a kid in a candy store having his hands all over me. All thought the small and I mean small part of me did like that. Only because there were a few girls there that were trying to get his attention all night long and all he would do is glare at them then look back at me with a heart stopping smile.

"Daydreaming about my best friend?" I looked up from brushing my wig and looked over at my brother who was leaning against my door. I rolled my eyes oh please like I would day dream about someone like him. Even though his tattoos were freaking amazing and I wanted to see how many he was hiding underneath those clothes, that did not mean I was daydreaming about him!

"Can you stop being annoying for like 5 seconds?" I continued to brush my wig looking at it. I was trying a new color and I knew it would look good on me. "That's the new you?" By now he had made his way to my bed and laid out on it like it was his.

"Yeah, she's cute huh?" It was a pink wig with a darker tint to it and I couldn't wait to put her on.

"I just don't understand why you get all cute just to sit in the house all day and take pictures."

My jaw dropped because what he said was true but, like he didn't have to actually freaking say it! "You in my business? Don't do that." I huffed straightening the ends of the wig making sure it was bone straight.

"So why are you in here anyways?" I questioned looking at him through my mirror. He actually looked pretty uncomfortable right now like he had a lot on his mind. "I met this girl at the BBQ and well I kind of need some girl advice but, I don't want to talk to mom or dad so you're my nest option." He shrugged his shoulders like I wasn't basically his last resort.

"So tell me about her." I said fixing the wig cap on my head. My brother laughed at me and I rolled my eyes. My family thought this was the funniest part about me doing my hair cause they always say I look like a real dick head.

"Her name is Brandi and she's absolutely beautiful..." He trailed off with a dreamy look in his eyes and I couldn't wait for somebody to talk about me like this. "I had accidently bumped into her when I was getting dad some water so he wouldn't throw up and it's like when we touched all these sparks and tingles shot through my body."

Sparks and tingles?  Why does that sound familiar?

"We spent that whole night tucked away just talking to each other and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me." I wanted to gag now it was too much love in the air and I didn't like it.

"Okay so what seems to be the problem here?" I questioned straightening the wig on my head.

"At the end of the night when I asked her if she wanted to go on a date she shook her head and said 'sorry I don't think I'm right for you so someone normal' and then ran away!" He was being all dramatic at this point huffing and puffing and I found it sweet that my older brother was really upset about something like this. He was definitely not the settle down type.

"Why not try and find her and ask her what she meant about normal?" I shrugged, tying my scarf around my head this pink was such a great choice it looks amazing on me. "I mean it won't hurt to figure out what's wrong and if there's something you can do about it why don't you? Sitting here and mopping will get you nowhere if you see yourself in the future with this girl." That was honestly the best advice I could give him because I knew next to nothing about relationships.

"Besides the worst she could do is tell you she's some supernatural creature or something." That caused Aaron's head to snap up towards me with his eyes wide.

"Melanie you are a genius!" I smiled because that was something I already knew. He gave me a sloppy kiss on my cheek that had me pushing him off me and wiping it off. "I'll see you later MelBel!"

"Don't call me that!"

***

"Not you walking around this house like some cotton candy!" My dad laughed when I walked into the kitchen later that day for a midday snack. "Craig you better stop talking about my baby like that!" My mom snapped back before looking at me and smiling, "that color is so cute on you, I'm glad you look like me." She said and I laughed as my dad shouted a lot 'hey' in the background.

"I wanted to try something new and this color was perfect for the occasion." I smiled. "Honestly I wanted to be blonde but, I've done that too many times and you know pink is my favorite color." I shrugged my shoulder as I snatched the other piece of sandwich off my dad's plate.

"Lani you better get your kid before I hurt her." My dad said as I smiled sweetly at him. The doorbell had rung and with the sandwich still in my hand I walked towards the door. "Oh so she's my child when she acts up?" I heard my mom question and I laughed as my dad tried to fix his little mistake.

Opening the door I stopped midchew when I saw the tattooed idiot that has been a frequent co star in my recent dreams.

"Just the person I wanted to see." He smiled softly at me and all I wanted to do was pinch his cheeks and call him cute.

"And why did you want to see me?" I questioned as I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

"I love your hair by the way, the color is perfect for you." Man oh man that goodness for my skin color cause I'm sure I would be beet red by now. Hearing compliments is fine but, hearing it from somebody you actually want to hear them from just hit a little different.

Shaking my head I gave him a smile, "Thank you! I did it today."

"So back to why I'm here.." He trailed off and he looked a little uneasy and nervous. "I wanted to ask you out on a date!" He all but yelled and then quickly clamped his mouth shut like he wasn't supposed to say that.

I couldn't deny it, at this very moment this nervous and stuttering idiot had managed to make butterflies appear in my stomach and I wanted to see more of where this could go.

"So please will you go out on a date with me?" He questioned this time much softer than if I wasn't looking directly at him and listening hard enough I would have never even heard him say it.

"I always told myself I would never date my brother's best friend but..." I trailed off as his eyes went wide and a smile overtook his face. "I'll make an exception for you." I said softly, my eyes down casted as I suddenly felt nervous and just wanted to go back into my room and hide away.

"Great!" There was that smile again, the one I wanted to see all the time. I shook my head, no I shouldn't be having thoughts like this. "We are going out this Saturday, I already have your number your brother gave it to me!" He said before he leaned down some kissed me on the cheek and dashed away to his car.

Before I could even say anything to him, he was already gone down the street.

Touching my cheek softly I shook my head.

"What an idiot."