t h i r t y t w o

"Give me back my phone!" Drew shrieked, jumping up to try and grab the phone Kai was holding just out of reach above his head.

"Nope!" Kai said smugly, "Told you I'd get it. Now it's all mine. And really? Using my birthday for the code? I can't decide if that's dorky or adorable. It's adorkable."

Drew stamped his foot, crossing his arms. "You jerk! Pickpocketing is a crime!"

"You're just lucky I took it and not an actual thief. Having your expensive iPhone halfway out of your back pocket? Might as well have stapled "Rob me" across your ass." Kai tapped Drew's nose with his pointer finger, further serving to infuriate the boy.

"Give! Givegivegivegivegivegivegive!" Drew jumped for the phone again, missing it by an inch.

"Before I can send all your embarrassing pictures to myself? Why would I do that?"

Drew's face was getting redder and redder. "Please? All my writing stuff is on there!"

Kai sighed, "Okay." He handed the phone to Drew who grinned happily. He reached up and kissed Kai's cheek.

"Thanks!"

He drew back but Kai grabbed him by the waist. "Nope, not good enough." He leaned down and pressed his lips to Drew's, drawing a soft sigh from the other. They kept the kiss soft and gentle, Kai's lips against Drew's in a tender, quick display of affection.

A camera flash went off and the two jumped apart. A girl stared at her camera with wide eyes, "Well, that wasn't supposed to happen." She looked up guiltily at the two who were staring at her like she just dropped off a cloud.

"Did you just take a picture of us?" Kai asked finally.

"Maybe?" The girl said with a terrible poker face. "Okay, I did, I'm sorry, you two were just so cute I couldn't resist, I'm sorryyyyy, I'll delete it right now!"

"Can I see?" Drew asked curiously, surprising both Kai and the girl.

She nodded dumbly, holding out the camera. He took it from her. "Oh, this is adorable!" he cooed. "Look!" He showed the picture to Kai.

"It is very cute," Kai agreed. "You're a talented photographer."

"Thanks! I take photography classes and I hope to be a professional photographer one day!" she said excitedly. "Like, I run this photography blog and everybody says how great my photos are so I figure I can do it!" she rambled happily about her camera and blogs and pictures and Kai was horribly lost but Drew kept up effortlessly.

"I get it, I get it," he said. "I can totally relate. I want to be a writer! Hey, maybe you can do the cover of my book? Mine's okay, but it's nothing special. How cool would it be to have a photographer do my cover? You can keep the picture, by the way. It's too cute to delete."

"Really? Yeah! What's the main image you're going for?" she asked, whipping out a pad and pencil.

"Well, the book's fairly dark, but I guess there's also a lot of romance?" Drew explained, waving his hands around as he talked.

Kai shifted from foot to foot. What just happened again? "What's your name?" he blurted out.

"Oh, I'm Julie," she said offhandedly. "Anyways, I think I have the perfect photo for your book! What do you think of...."

Kai backed away slowly. "Well, you know I'm just going to go get some food. What do you want, babe?"

"There's a good Chinese place in the food court. Can you get me a medium fried rice? Pork, please."