Chapter Seven

6 Months Ago

I stared at the envelope my parents had set in front of my door after I had refused to come out. 

Photos it said on the front of it. I scoffed picking it up and then locking myself in again.

Yes I was being childish, but sometimes that's the only things that would work!

I sat on my bed twisting the envelope in my hand. So inside was apperently my future husbands photo. Now did I really want to see a old balding man with three gold teeth?

NO.

That was for sure, I wanted to see this photo as much as I wanted to marry him, which was 189% NO because 100% was just too mainstream. I looked at the burning fireplace in my room and then smirked. 

They wanted me to play by their rules, hell no.

Walking over I knelt down beside the fire and smiled and in seconds I dropped the envelope inside watching the fire claim it. 

Goodbye Mister Hubby, you'll burn just like that if you enter my life.

Present Time

Arriving here it was defintiley not what I expected. It wasn't a small cottage house by the farm. It was a double storey house with a cozy warm feeling.

The inside colours were soft on the eyes and there were paintings and vases and flowers everywhere. It actually looked like a house that people lived in.

I walked to the backyard opening the door thrilled to see a flower bed and a pool. This was brilliant! The kitchen was right beside the backyard and walking back in I walked to the kitchen. It was small and like an actually kitchen rather than the ones in restaurants, a bit like the one back home, a massive kitchen for all of them cooks to prepare food.

I walked back down the corridor to the lounge room after the entrance and looked around. There was a three seat couch and two recliners with a coffee table with flowers in the middle. The T.V was on the wall on the opposite end and there were curtains.

I walked over slightly pulling them open to let some light in. The curtains were think red material and I clipped them to the side. There was a think patched white curtain that allowed us to see the outside but not the other way in which I found was a nice touch.

I went upstairs. There were two bedrooms. One was closed so I assume that was Darius and walked into the other one with the open door.

There was a double bed in the middle with two bed side cabinets and a door leading to the veranda. I opened the curtains letting some light in and sighed spinning around and flunking onto the bed.

The blankets were warm and the mattress was soft and I closed my eyes. If only I could live in this house every day.

I walked back down in jeans a blue thick woolen top with a leopards face on the front. Oh boy it had been ages since I was able to dress like this and to be honest it was the comfiest thing I had worn in a long time.

I jumped onto the couch and switched on the television thrilled to see my favourite cartoons were on. Don't judge, I may be nearly twenty one but nothing beat watching cartoons on a Monday morning.