Chapter 29 - Man to Men Talk

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Dante is looking out the window of the patio holding a cup of coffee. Sam walks down the steps.

SAM

I thought you left already.

DANTE

I called in. Said I would be late.

Sam smiles. She walks over and steals his coffee.

DANTE

We need to talk about Danny.

SAM

Listen, Danny and I had a talk before you and Rocco came home. I think I finally got through to him about you.

DANTE

You spoke to him about me?

SAM

I know he's had an attitude lately but there is a reason for that. Him and Jake are not on the best terms.

DANTE

Did something happen?

SAM

Not exactly but it's confusing for him. And you're an easy target.

Dante sighs.

SAM

You've been kinda rough on him lately, maybe you can ease up a little?

—————————————————------------------------------

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

DANTE

Sam, I don't treat him any differently than I do Rocco and Scout.

Sam raises her eyebrows, sips the coffee and walks away. Dante follow behind her.

DANTE

Wait...you think I treat him differently?

SAM

I think you are tougher on him, yes.

DANTE

Sam-

Sam grins.

SAM

Come on, Dante. Don't deny it. Rocco is your son, I get that. But he didn't tell you he was going out on a date. You thought he had soccer practice. If that was Danny he wouldn't have heard the end of it. And Scout could go on a crime spree and you would drive the get away car.

Dante laughs.

DANTE

But that's different. She's the baby.

Sam

See!

Dante sighs.

SAM

All I'm asking is to give Danny the benefit of the doubt. I'm not naive ok, I know he's gonna mess up but I need him to know he can come to us.

DANTE

I'll try.

SAM

Thank you.

Sam reaches up to kiss him and hands him the coffee mug.