Chapter 24: Aziz's surprise

After Aziz had banished the Outsiders, things had been calmer than expected. Kuzo and Aziz's relationship had been restored completely, as that the two lions were remincing their brief time in the peaceful rule of their father. 

The new queen also kept a massive secret from her beloved, that something that her mother, Sarabi had been curious about. 

"Honey, you not been hunting lately. Are you feeling all right?" The former queen asked, for the well-being of her oldest child. 

The lioness seems to know that she can't hide the surprise, even though, she wanted much so. 

"There is a special reason that I couldn't do so, Mother. I was waiting for Kaku to return back from his patrol. 

He needs to hear this as well." 

The former queen was utterly confused by her words as to wonder what the surprise could be, as the king of Pride Rock had come back from his evening patrol. 

"Hey, everyone. What's the occasion?" He asked, being very curious. 

The young queen stands up towards the lion, as she whispers the surprise. 

Kaku's eyes widen in surprise as that he looks down towards the lioness's stomach. "How long are you?"

"A few weeks. It wouldn't be long now." She confirms, "I'm nervous." 

Sarabi asked, "Are you saying I'm going to be a grandmother?!?"

"Yes, you are. Although, I don't know anything about being a parent, considering..." Aziz said, as Kaku realizes why the reason the newly expected parent was hesaint.

The trauma of Scar's tragic death will forever engraved into the young lioness's heart and she wouldn't know how to teach the new cub properly. 

"Hey, our child will be all right. I think I have a perfect name if it was a boy though. Tadashi." 

"Tadashi. I think that is perfect. 

The royal family couldn't wait to meet the young cub, as the days gone by, the circle of life had begun anew, with a new generation.