Twenty-Three

Violet paced the dressing room, her emotions on edge, desperately trying to prevent herself from breaking down into tears

Violet paced the dressing room, her emotions on edge, desperately trying to prevent herself from breaking down into tears. She waved her hands in front of her face, as if physically shooing away her rising emotions. Matt, sitting quietly to the side, watched her with a mix of concern and helplessness as he bounced Mason gently on his knee.

"Vi?" Matt stood up, his voice soft and soothing as he approached her. He carefully shifted Mason to his chest and reached out to touch her shoulder, trying to steady her frantic pacing.

Violet looked up, her eyes filled with anxiety and tears threatening to spill over. "Can you just get my dad? And give Mason to Sy."

Matt nodded understandingly and quickly made his way out of the dressing room.

A soft knock on the door signaled Charles' arrival, and he stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He saw Violet teetering on the edge of an emotional breakdown and immediately went to her side. Gently, he pulled her into a warm, loving hug, being careful not to disturb her carefully styled hair.

"Sweetheart, what's the matter?" Charles asked, his voice tender as he held his daughter.

Violet leaned into her father's embrace, finding solace in his presence. "I just never realized how much I would miss not having mom here today..."

Charles sighed, understanding the depth of her feelings. He kissed the top of her head, then pulled back slightly, cradling her face in his hands. "I know, Vi. I'm so sorry she can't be here." He offered her a tissue, knowing that she had just had her makeup done and didn't want to ruin it. "You don't want to ruin your makeup."

She took the tissue, dabbing at her eyes before managing a small, watery smile. "Thanks."Charles chuckled softly, his eyes filled with warmth and empathy. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, presenting it to Violet. "What's that?" she asked, curious about the unexpected gift.

With a gentle smile, Charles opened the box to reveal a beautiful pearl necklace and matching earrings. "I presented these to your mother on our wedding day. I've been waiting for this day to give them to you."

Violet's eyes widened with surprise and appreciation as she gazed at the delicate pearl necklace

Violet's eyes widened with surprise and appreciation as she gazed at the delicate pearl necklace. She ran her fingers over the pearls, feeling their smooth surface and their sentimental value. Charles carefully took the necklace and gently fastened it around her neck, the pearls resting elegantly against her skin.

"Thank you, daddy. They're beautiful," she said, her voice filled with gratitude and the shimmer of emotions.

He smiled warmly, his eyes holding a mixture of pride and affection. "You're welcome. I know it's an emotional day. But your mother is with you always."

Violet nodded, feeling the comfort of her father's words as she put on the matching pearl earrings. She turned her attention to her wedding dress, hanging elegantly on the back of the dressing room door. With a deep breath, she gathered her resolve.

"Now get dressed and go and marry Sy," Charles encouraged her with a loving smile. "You're going to have a great day. I promise."

Violet returned his smile, feeling a sense of reassurance wash over her. "Okay. Thank you, daddy." She hugged him tightly before turning to her wedding dress, ready to embark on the joyous journey of marrying the man she loved.

***

Sy leaned over to press a kiss to Violet's cheek as she held Mason up to her chest. "I think it's time for our first dance with you as my wife."

She smiled, standing up with him as Charles approached her to take mason from her. She accepted Sy's hand he offered her and followed him to the dance floor as I Don't Need Anyone Else by Liam Fitzgerald began to play. "I love the song choice."

He placed his hand on her lower back, pulling her tight against his chest. "I don't need anyone else but you, flower." He leaned down to hover his lips over hers and whispered, "I love you," before sealing his mouth over hers.

Heat shot through her as she ran her hand up into his hair as they heard glasses clinking around them. She giggled, pulling away with her face red as he chuckled. "I love you too, husband."

He pressed a kiss to the base of her neck, lingering beside her ear. "I can't wait until tonight when I'm making you scream my name. I want to make another baby."

"Eddie, not here," she whispered playfully, aware of the guests around them. She leaned in closer, her voice a sultry whisper. "But I'm looking forward to it too."

Syverson grinned mischievously, holding her even closer as they swayed to the music. "Your dad is taking Mason for a few days. And I plan on not leaving the bed until you're pregnant."

She swallowed hard at his plans, leaning up to press a kiss to his lips. "Yes, Captain."

He growled softly, just for her to hear as she giggled before turning to walk away from him as the song ended.