Chapter 10

"I'm not going to hurt you princes." She paused and we heard her footsteps coming closer. "My name is Marilla." 

I've heard that before and I'm not taking chances, I want to live thanks. I put my finger to my lips signally Bennett to be quiet and motioned for him to hold the door as I crept to the window looking for any more warriors. Seeing none, I opened the window as quietly as I could, preparing our escape. I waved Bennett over who from watching me knew the plan. I took a deep breath and started to climb out. I scanned the garden looking for the best place to jump, doing the least damage to ourselves of course.

"We're just going to have to jump." I said quietly to Bennett who nodded in response.

Hopefully the grass will soften our fall I thought taking deep breaths readying myself to jump. 

"Jonah wait," Bennett whispered.

"What?"

"I can hear something down the path." He nodded in the direction.

"What if it's more warriors? We either jump now and run, or get back in the house when there's someone in there with us?"

"BENNETT"

"JONAH" 

We both snapped our heads in the direction of our mate's voices and breathed out the biggest sigh of relief. 

"What is going on?" Caspian demanded looking very furious. 

"You have to be quiet!" I stressed, "The warriors are all dead someone's in the house you were gone for ages we both nearly died and now we can't get down!" I cried as my vision got blurry and tears fell down my face from all the stress. 

"Jojo kitten don't cry, what are you talking about the warriors?" 

"Get me down." I whimpered.

"Okay kitten, you're going to jump and I promise to catch you." He said walking closer and reaching out his arms.

"I can't"

"Go back through the window then."

"Caspian!" I cried, "We can't! Someone's inside called 'Mari' or something, the warriors attacked us, someone shot them and now we were escaping through the window!" I repeated a little slower this time. 

Both brothers suddenly put up their guard and started sniffing the air trying to pick up their scents.

"Jonah, jump" Caspian ordered.

I looked to Bennett who also was crying slightly clinging onto the window ledge, Leomaris was below him watching Caspian's back.

"Promise to catch me?"

"Promise"

1, 2, 3 and I jumped squeezing my eyes shut as I landed in Caspian's big, strong arms. The familiar tingles, comfort and security he brings allowed a wave of emotions to wash over me, as I whimpered and buried my face into the crook of his neck. Caspian rocked me slightly placing small kisses on my shoulder. I clung to him like a kola would a tree, never wanting to leave my mate to experience something like that again. I really thought I could handle them, I really did. I wanted Caspian and Leo to swim and be back in their natural forms, I wanted us to be okay and not have any more run-ins like that. I wanted Caspian to be proud of me being able to defend myself against them and not have him worrying over me with every decision he makes. I don't want to be the reason he holds back on things. 

"Kitten, tell me what happened." He murmured nuzzling my hair.

I shook my head not wanting to re-live that experience so soon after. It terrifies me how easily they were able to break into our house. That could happen anytime now, they know where we live and if they see Caspian and Leo go out to swim they'll know Bennett and I were left behind. The tears flowed more as the images of them flashed through my mind.