PTM 1 | check your reflection for the answers that wait - MIRRORS

track #1 : Grass Ain't Greener — Chris Brown

"Truth would be spoken and all that was spoken would be the truth. Lying was hard to do because he hated when people lied to him."

MIRRORS and WINDOWS

MIRRORS and WINDOWS.

What was the difference between the two? Mirrors made it easier for the human eye to see whomever or whatever waited behind the reflective surface for sensitive observation. Mirrors. They could cause distress to the people that failed to recognize the cracking layers that rested beyond the customary individual. Windows were for more than looking through. They were to be used for valuable reasons. To send messages through. Windows. For deep and unnoticed communication and understanding. The opened windows. The closed windows. Clean windows. Spotted windows. Cracked windows. Truth would be spoken and all that was spoken would be the truth.

"Black men don't cheat."

Champion severed the attention he had on his cellphone screen not even a minute after those words were spat with confidence from his friend Keanu's mouth. He knocked his hood back some to pass a look over to the two men sitting on the opposite side of the room. The thick cloud of smoke from the blunt they had moving in a perfect rotation appeared to have cleared up just in time for the group of friends to shoot out judgement with their eyes. Their eye movement did most of the communicating.

For the time being, the three friends sat in a collective silence to avoid giving Keanu the reaction that he wanted until one of the men in the group, Rahsaan, decided to fuck up the solidity of the moment by complimenting his low, red eyes with his goofy and childish smile. Champion fractured all eye contact with him, hoping and praying that if no one responded, they'd be able to avoid the conversation. That's what he was hoping for, but luck had a habit of running into its own problems before it could find him.

Dontrell, who was intrigued by the context of the conversation was next to showcase a reaction of laughter. Champion let out an annoyed sigh and shook his head when Dontrell's chuckling led to Rahsaan's cackling corrupting the smoky room. Then, it was Keanu's turn. The sound of his hefty, low laugh was stupid enough to make anyone join in and laugh with him, so it was no surprise to anyone when Champion started to chuckle too. The four of them laughed shamelessly—A frenzy.