Chapter 19

A'leah

"Mason this is your real mommy Giselle. Can you say hi?" I asked.

"Hi." He whispered.

"Mommy missed you so much Mason. I'm getting out of here in two days." She smiled.

He opened his arms and reached for her. She picked him up and held him in her arms. I'm surprised he was so comfortable.

August and I agreed that it was time to allow Mason to meet his birth mom. He needed to know now, not when he turns eighteen.

"My baby is getting big, yes he is." She cooed.

"Potty." He said while sucking his thumb.

"A'leah do you mind taking him to the bathroom?" She asked.

"No, not all all. Come on baby boy. Let's go potty."

He got off her lap and grabbed my hand. We left the visiting room and headed to the washroom. I put toilet paper on top of the seat.

Mason pulled his pull-up down and did his business. I wiped him and flushed the toilet. He fixed himself up and I put soap on his hands.

I scrubbed some soap onto my hands and washed them, Mason did the same. We dried our hands and left the washroom hand in hand.

"Uncwle Mal!" Mason screamed.

"Wassup lil man?" Jamal asked as he approached us.

I mentally rolled my eyes. I hadn't seen Jamal since the Mother's Day barbecue and that was a month ago.

"You can't speak Lee-Lee?" He questioned.

"Don't call me that." I hissed.

"Nwot nwice mommy." Mason pouted.

"I'm sorry baby. Hi Jamal." I grinned.

"Up mommy."

I picked Mason up and rested him on my hip. He kissed my cheek and laid his head on my chest.

"When you gone stop actin' like that Leah?" He asked.

"Now is not the time to be talking to me about this. I will see you later Jamal."

Before he could respond, I walked away and entered the visiting room. Giselle smiled at us we sat down.

"Tuck mommy!" Mason yelled.

He pointed to the toy cars on a small table near the tv. I put him down and he smiled.

"You can go over there baby, I'm watching you." Giselle smiled.

"Tay!"

He ran over to the toys, leaving Giselle and I by ourselves at the table. I didn't really know what else to say to her, it was awkward just sitting there.

"I'm sure August told you about him trying to gain full custody of Mason. Our court date is on the same day of my release." She sighed.

"Mhm. I know about it."

"I know you may not like me, but I'm not giving up on my son. I've learned so much since I came here. I'm ready to be a mother."

"You should have been ready." I said bluntly.

"You don't know anything about me A'leah." She fired back.

"I don't think you want me to go there Giselle. I know enough about you."

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"Did you know August and I planned to have Mason? After you decided to have a bitch fit at the gym that day, I took him to my house. He told me he was tired of your bullshit. He also said that he wanted another baby but your ass was too damn selfish to give him one, so I did." She smirked.