Fifteen. The Tale of Two Princesses

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely labyyrinth- . She designed the beautiful new cover for TBTD. I absolutely LOVE it! Thank you, hon :)
~~~~~~~~~~~
After I got my mint Aidan drove us to Chic-Fil-A for lunch. When we sat down with our food I pulled out my phone, and saw I had five texts. Two from Majesty, two from Kenzie, and one from Deacon. They were all from the previous.

I sat back in my seat and read the messages asking if I was okay from my friends. They must have heard about the scene in Lit. Deacon's message was particularly long and basically stated that the whisperings about my whereabouts better be false, and that I was not ditching with Aidan.

I sent him a simple smiley face, and then assured my friends I was fine. I set my phone done so I could start on my Asian Salad.

"Are you sure that's all you want?" Aidan asked, pointing to my salad while chewing on one of his chicken sandwiches.

"This is very filling," I stated spearing a piece of chicken with my fork. "And it's good for you."

"I'll never understand the fascination with salad," he said, picking up a fry. "I get it in moderation, but some people live off it, and I have no idea why. It's just washed grass, you know that right?"

I glared at him. "And what about what you're eating? I might being eating 'grass', but at least it won't result in a heart attack at the age of thirty five."

He scoffed. "At least I'll die happily and with my tastebuds satisfied. I mean come on, you don't even have any dressing on it. Doesn't that taste weird?"

"Dressing is fattening and defeats the whole purpose of salad and healthy eating."

"Who wants to eat healthy?"

I made a face and continued eating my food. I reached over to grab one of his fries sometime later, and he immediately withdrew his large sized box.

"Can I help you?" Aidan asked with raised eyebrows.

"I just want one," I begged.

"Weren't you just lecturing me on how this food would cause a heart attack?" He asked with a hint of superiority in his voice.

"I was talking about meat," I reminded him. "Please? Please? Do I need to get on my knees?"

Aidan snickered and stared down at his food. I frowned, confused, and then I quickly came to understand the childish response. I rolled my eyes and gave him an annoyed look.

"Are you serious? You are so immature. That's not what I meant! Get your mind out of the gutter," I chided him.

"Here," he smirked, sliding his fries over to me.

I picked up one and scowled. "Don't smirk at me."

I placed the fry on my tongue and sighed in pleasure. I picked up another and stuck it in my mouth. I was so going to regret all the salt intake later.

"Let's play a game," I suggested.

"What game did you have in mind?" Aidan asked, starting on his next sandwich.

"Twenty questions," I said eagerly.

"No thank you," he said shortly.

"What? Why not," I whined.

"Because it's stupid, and I don't like games," he said flatly.

This guy could be such a Debbie downer sometimes. Who didn't like playing games? They were epitome of a good time.

"It is not stupid. It's a way to get to know each other better," I huffed. "And who doesn't like games?"

"Me," he said, picking up his drink. "That's who."