Chapter 6 - Radha Nachegi

Mumbai

Kamala made her way to the Singhania villa. Knocking on the door with confidence, Kamala waited. A few moments later, Gauri opened the door with a surprise on her face, " Kamala...what a pleasant surprise " Gauri smiled, Kamala smiled back " come in.. come in " Gauri said as she ushered Kamala in to the hall, " what a beautiful house " Kamala said looking around, " thank you " Gauri smiled and sat down opposite Kamala, " what can I do for you ? " Gauri smiled, " well tomorrow we are having a party at the chawl. Since the girls have finished their exams we wanted to celebrate, and I have come to invite you,  Raghav and Sammy " Kamala said, " oh that's lovely. We will defiantly be there. If I have to.... I will drag Raghav there " Gauri chuckled, Kamala giggled. " how is Kalpi ? has she found work yet ? I know Raghav has hired Pakhi " Gauri said, Kamala shook her head sadly, " Kalpi is still searching, she wanted to work for Prem at his company, but there is no place available " Kamala said, " why not have Kalpi work for Raghav ? " Gauri asked, " that's good idea, but it will be very hard to convince her " Kamala said, " I'll do it " Gauri winked, Kamala chuckled.

Kalpi was in her chawl getting ready for tonight celebrations, " I'm so excited !!! " Pakhi said excitedly, " me too " Sanju said, Kalpi smiled " I heard that Raghav Singhania is coming " Pakhi said aloud, " really ? " Sanju said and both turned to Kalpi, Kalpi looked at them " what ? " Kalpi asked, " that what is either she does not care or she is trying to act cool. What do you think Sanju ? " Pakhi asked Sanju, " Hmmm I think is the later " Sanju teased, Kalpi just ignored them and continue to dress, " see I told you " Pakhi mouther to Sanju and Sanju nodded and winked.

" oh this is so beautiful " Gauri said as she looked at the chawl which was beautifully decorated, both Sammy and Raghav looked around, " wow " Sammy said, Raghav nodded and looked around in search for Kalpi " looking for someone ? " Sammy teased, Raghav gave Sammy and dirty look and walked off. Kalpi was relaxing when Pakhi came busting in " he is here !!!! " Pakhi said excitedly, " who ? " Kalpi asked, " oh you know who " Pakhi said teasingly, " John Abraham !!!! " Kalpi said excitedly, " oh don't be silly Kalpi. Although.... " Pakhi said as she stared off into the distance dreamily, Kalpi face palmed herself and got up from her bed and walked out the balcony. The chawl was bustling with activity, food was being served and the drink was flowing. Kalpi spotted Raghav talking to Pakya, " and you are positively sure you have no feelings for him ? "Sanju asked as she stood beside Kalpi, " yes " Kalpi said tightly, " so you don't mind if I go after him ? " Sanju asked, Kalpi looked at Sanju in shock. Sanju bust out laughing " came down Kalpi. I was just joking " Sanju said, " anyway. I got my eyes set on that guy. The one beside Raghav " Sanju said pointing at Sammy, " you mean Sammy ? " Kalpi asked, Sanju looked at Kalpi and frowned " kiya nam hai ? " Sanju asked, " Sammy " Kalpi said, " is it sort of a nickname or something ? " Sanju asked looking at Sammy " yes. His real name is Samar. Samar Raizaada " Kalpi smiled, " Oooooohhhhh " Sanju said.

Kalpi saw Sanju talking to Sammy, she looked like she was having a good time. Kalpi's eyes searched the crowed and spotted Prem winding through the crowd. He looked up and waved, Kalpi waved back and called him up, nodding Prem wind his way through the crowd and up the stairs. Raghav saw Prem going upstairs to where Kalpi was, range started boiling in him, he clenched and unclenched his hands. " Rags careful, your gonna break the glass " Sammy said shaking Raghav out of his daze. Placing the glass down with a thump Raghav decided to go to Kalpi, but was blocked, letting a frustrated growl, Raghav moved to sit on one of the chairs while keeping an eye on Kalpi and Prem.

" You nervous ? " Prem asked, " a little " Kalpi smiled, " that's healthy " Prem teased, and looked down, Kalpi followed his eyes and spotted Raghav looked up at them with slit eyes. " I see you have met him " Kalpi said, Prem nodded " yeah. And he was not happy " Prem said as he moved away from the balcony to sit on one of the benches, Kalpi followed and sat beside him and placed her hand on his, " then you have prove to him that your not like parents " Kalpi smiled, " I'm trying. But its gonna be tough " Prem said sadly, Kalpi rubbed her hands on him for encouragement " don't worry, we can do it. If he still does not believe you then...then.....then I'll kick his butt " Kalpi said innocently. Prem bust out laughing," Thanks Kalpi. I'm happy you, Pakya, Kamala-maa and Vittal baba are in mine and Pakhi's life "  Prem said, Kalpi smiled and hugged him.

Raghav kept looking up at the balcony hoping to see Kalpi and Prem, but no luck. Its like they just disappeared.....together. Seeing Kalpi and Prem together made Raghav's blood boil, " hey...why are you alone ? " Sammy asked as he sat down beside Raghav, " just thinking " Raghav said, " about ? " Sammy asked, " nothing" Raghav said. Sammy frowned at Raghav " your thinking about nothing ? " Sammy asked and Raghav nodded. Just then, the music began to play and a person came out singing. Raghav could not see for the person had her dupatta on her head, then the drums began to bang one-by-one and the person stared dancing in the middle. Raghav tried so hard to see who it is but no luck. Then when she lifted her dupatta, Raghav saw that is was Kalpi. She wore a beige and white anarkali lengha with a pink dupatta. Sliver bangles, earring and headpiece adorned her wrist, ears and head. Her hair was braided and bell-ankles at her feet. Kalpi danced with grace and elegance to the music, and Raghav was mesmerized at it, he could not take his eyes of her. When the music topped, everyone clapped and cheered " wow !!! did you see that Rags ? " Sammy asked, but just stood there dumfounded by the whole thing. 

Kalpi bowed and quickly ran upstairs to change. " Oh my god Kalpi !!! that was awesome !!! " Pakhi said excitedly and she hugged her, " yeah !! brilliant " Sanju said and hugged her " thank guys. I'll be down in a second, just want to take these heavy bells off my legs " Kalpi said as she shook her legs, " wow. Are they real bells ? " Pakhi said as she bent down and looked at them, Kalpi nodded " yeah and they are heavy " Kalpi said " ok. See you down " Sanju said and pulled Pakhi and ran downstairs to join the party.

Kalpi smiled and went to her chawl. Kalpi sat on her swinging chair and removed her bells. She then started removing her headpiece and unbraiding her hair slowly, " you dance beautifully " a voice said, Kalpi looked up and found Raghav at her door, " Thanks " Kalpi said as she continued on her hair. Raghav walked into her chawl, " nice place " Raghav said, Kalpi looked around her chawl " I'm sure its not as nice as yours " Kalpi said sarcastically and got up to put away her bells and headpiece. " I suppose " Raghav said, Kalpi rolled eyes and placed her things on the table and turned around and looked at Raghav " is there something you wanted ? " Kalpi asked. Raghav turned towards her and smirked " actually...yes " Raghav said, " and what might that be ? " Kalpi asked, " to stay away from Prem " Raghav said looking at her, " and I told you. It's none of your business " Kalpi said folding her arms and looking at Raghav. Raghav smirked and walked towards her slowly  " And like I said...anything concerning you....is my business " Raghav whispered and stood in front of her. He was so close. Kalpi felt restricted, she broke the gaze and turned to walk away, but she did to get far when Raghav pulled her back pushed her up against the wall, pressing himself upon her, Raghav looked deeply at her. Kalpi tried to free herself " let go " Kalpi whispered, " never. I will NEVER let you go. Remember that Kalpi.....never...ever...let you go " Raghav whispered and kissed her neck. He then let her go and walked out.

Kalpi slid to the floor breathing hard " oh god " Kalpi thought, a smiled grew on her lips as she thought about Raghav. " No. I must not let him win " Kalpi said in determination. Agreeing with herself, Kalpi got up, brush her clothes down and headed to the party.