♊11♌

♦ ♦ ♦

Her skin felt like silk to him. It was nothing like Loretta's, whose skin was usually slick and oily from body moisturizers. Aiden's was soft, like a baby's.

But that wasn't what stopped him. It was the smell of her. A beautiful mix of aromas from her shampoo and her perfume. Pomegranate and strawberries intertwined with a fake, yet impressive, smell of Burberry danced in his nostrils. Knox rocked back into his senses.

He was immediately aware of the situation he'd put himself in. He cursed in his head. He'd done it again.

Thinking fast, he settled on the quickest way to defuse the situation.

"Were you really about to let me do that?" He asked, chuckling as if it were all meant to be a joke. Suddenly, it felt wrong being so close to her, so he backed away. Slightly traumatized, Aiden pulled up her joggers and turned to face him. She didn't speak she just looked at him.

Seeing the serious look on her face, Knox dropped the fake smile and put his hands in his pockets. "I was just playin', Snowflake. Nothin' was gonna happen to you."

Tears pooled in Aiden's eyes. Knox noticed and his heart skipped a beat. Guilt over something he'd yet to control struck in the pit of his heart. However, he was never one to apologize so easily to anyone who wasn't Kolina.

"Guess I went a little too far. My bad..." He shrugged but the action was jerky. He brought a hand from one of his pockets to rub the back of his neck.

Aiden didn't speak. She felt so violated, not only by Knox but by herself too. Because a part of her, a small part of her had...

Aiden shook her head and turned to tread towards the door.

Knox couldn't just watch her leave. Not without her being content. Not without her knowing in some way that he hadn't meant to do it. He wanted to hear her say that everything was fine, even if it wasn't.

He hurriedly caught up to her before she could reach the door and grabbed her arm. She didn't turn around. The tears were falling now and they were coming fast. She couldn't stop them even if she wanted to.

"Aiden," Knox pleaded. "I said it was my fault. I didn't...I mean...I-I'm...my bad, okay?"

He hadn't seen it coming. The slap was so abrupt he didn't have time to get upset about it. The stinging of his cheek came two seconds after impact. There was a ringing in his ears and his mouth had dropped on its own. To say he was stunned would be an understatement.

Aiden was facing him now. Her hand was stinging as much as his left cheek but her pain felt good. The slap had made her feel better about the situation. It was as if she was the one in control now and it felt amazing. She wanted to do it again but decided not to.

Knox rubbed his cheek and licked his bottom lip. Her eyes watched his tongue travel from one of the corners of his mouth to the other.

"Did that make you feel betta'?" He asked, shuffling his feet. She shrugged. Then, changing her mind, she slapped him again. And again.

Knox moved back and Aiden followed after him, hitting whatever was in reach. She'd hit everything but his dick and that was only because she hadn't thought of doing so.

She ended her assault with a shove that had him sitting on the edge of his desk.

Riled up, she spoke, "You fucking piece of shit. Your bad? Your bad!"

She got in his face, pointing her finger at his nose and telling him how she felt.

"You know, I outta sue your ass for sexual harassment. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. And I'm gonna get a shit load of money and make my own damn moves. Then, while you rot on the blacklist, I'll be painting hot guys on a beach in Italia."