Your bestfriend 3

"I don't really know, it kind of just slipped. I guess I wanted this date to go so well and I didn't want, you know, our past to mess with that." He replied. I nodded my head, it made sense. It didn't really bother me...that much...but I was curious.

"I know it was bothering you," He smirked. "It was in fact 2 years and 4 months not just 5 months so I apologise if I made you upset by that."

"You didn't make me upset Harry," I rolled my eyes. He always wanted to make himself sound so perfect.

We sat in silence after that until I came up with another question.

"So...why did you set up that little so
called 'romantic gesture' at camp?"

He was silent as he thought of my question. I wanted to know since I had never asked after the accident.

"Well, this is going to sound pathetic..." He said. He sounded innocent when he said that.

"Just tell me."

"Well we had been dating for 3 and a half months and not once did I ever ask you to be my girlfriend. Then on the first day when I finally did, you hugged me. Not what I wanted. Then I decided to plan a picnic at the creek and thought it was the perfect way to steal a kiss from you but obviously that backfired." He covered his face in embarrassment whilst I sat here with a big dorky grin on my face.

"Aw, really?"

"Yes...i told you it was pathetic."

"No it's actually really cute and sweet." I smiled pulling the pillow from his face. We made eye contact which we did not break at all.

We sat in silence for what felt like a solid 5 minutes, still making eye contact. In reality it was probably 5 seconds. So many thoughts were rushing through my head. Memories of us in primary school, high school. The first time he kissed me. I remembered that day. I remember the day he beat up Matthew in 5th grade for trying to kiss me. I remember the day at the Bonfire after graduation where he broke up with me.

---FLASHBACK---

We had been sitting by the bonfire with all of our friends for the past hour after we had dinner. The rest of our friends had been talking, laughing and roasting. Harry seemed so quiet and conservative which made me a little worried.

"Harry... Are you alright?" I whispered stroking his cheek. He flinched away which made me even more worried. He finally turned his head to look at me. He grabbed my wrist and led me to the penthouse into his and Adam's room.

I sat down on their bed and looked at him seated across the room in a single chair.

"Can you pl-" I started but got cut off.

"I don't think this is working."

I looked at him in shock. What did he mean? It had been over 2 years of us dating. I didn't understand.

"W-what's not w-working...?" I asked although I knew the answer.

"Us. I don't think I... l-love y-you anymore." He responded looking away. He seemed forced to say this but at that moment I didn't care.

"Harry don't do this. If its something I did then I'm sorry, I'll change." I cried a little. Tear after tear trailed down my cheek and I couldn't help myself. He looked at me with red glossy eyes. He mumbled curse words under his breath as he quickly wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry but that's that. I just fell out of love with you. Don't blame yourself, you'll find someone better who will treat you like the princess you are." He stated more seriously this time. I couldn't believe my ears. I shook my head at him and walked out. I ran straight to my room, packed my bags and took my car to leave.