Chapter 44

We were driving for about 10 minutes when Harry parked the car across the road, a quiet big field on the other side. He opened the door and I got out as well. Harry's crease between his brows appeared and his bottom lip stuck out as a pout.

"What?" I giggled, looking at him confused.

"I wanted to open the door for you." I laughed and grabbed his hand, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"You're such a gentleman." I teased him.

We started walking towards the field, hands entwined and shoulders brushing. It didn't take us that long until there were a river in sight with a few trees and bushes around it. A smile crept its way on my face as Harry led me to the river.

We walked down the river for what seemed like 5 minutes until we reached a place that looked absolutely beautiful. It was right at the river and you could not see and road or any sign of civilisation. It was quiet and there were also a few trees there but when you looked up you could see the clouded sky just perfectly.

He sat down in the grass and I did the same, sitting down next to him closely. Our shoulders were touching and I ran my hands over the grass beneath us. I felt his eyes burning into me and it got only confirmed when I looked up, his eyes already staring at me with a small smile playing on his face.

"I always thought that someday I will show this place to someone special. And here I am, showing you this place, someone really special." I felt the heat in my cheeks start picking up and my mouth turned into a big smile that reached my eyes.

"I love you." I leaned in to give him a quick kiss but got surprised when his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me on his now lying self. I felt myself smiling against his lips and he did the same. Our chests pressed together, with me flatly on top of Harry, and his arms keeping me there.

After our laughing died down his lips attached to mine again, melding together and making a knot in the lower region of my stomach appear and I wanted this moment to never end. I got surprised once again when Harry turned us over in one swift motion, me being the one lying on the grass now and Harry hovering over me, both his hands beside my face to keep him steady.

Our lips reattached and my arms flew around him and I found myself playing with the hair on the back of his neck, twirling the curls between my fingers. My lips parted as his tongue flicked over my bottom lip, asking for entrance, and our tongues were brushing together. The only sound that was heard was the birds that were chirping and our lips attaching and reattaching.

We pulled away after a few minutes of our heated kiss, both regaining our breaths. His forehead was rested against mine and my hand was still playing with the curls in the nape of his neck. As our breaths were steady again, he kissed my lips quickly before pushing himself off me. He lay down next to me and without even thinking about it I cuddled into his side, my head resting on his chest where I could hear his heartbeat and his arm wrapped around me.

"How did you find this place?" I asked him, drawing small patterns on his abdomen.

"I used to come here every time I had holiday and you know summer holidays are quiet long." He started, a small chuckle leaving his mouth, "So I came here when I was like 13 along with mum and Gemma. I had my first 'girlfriend' if you can even call it that back then and we were just walking around and I kissed her against a tree further down. As soon as I kissed her she told me she had to go so I decided to walked further down the river since I've never done that before and I just wanted to think about it, if I've done anything wrong. So I found this place and it became my getaway since then." His fingers were now brushing through my hair.

I nodded my head to show him I had listened.

"It's your getaway?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, well it used to be. Whenever I came here I wanted to be alone and just think about things. Whenever I had a fight with my dad at home or when I got annoyed by my family I came here. It was where I could escape from reality, like I said, and I don't have to care about anything else whilst I'm here."

"Used to be?" I turned my head, facing Harry.

He nodded his head and stuck his tongue out, wetting his lips before he started speaking again. "Yes, used to be. Lately I didn't really feel the need to come here whenever I couldn't stand someone or whenever I wanted to be alone and think. The past few years in America I always craved coming here when I felt the need to but not since I've met you. You are my getaway and I can relax when I'm with you and I don't have to worry about anything." His lips twisted into a warm smile and I felt myself doing the same.

I didn't really know what to say so I just pressed my lips against his. He was a bit taken aback but almost immediately responded, kissing me back. The kiss didn't last very long but as I pulled away I still felt the tingling sensation of his lips pressed against mine.

We lay there for who know how long, it could've been minutes or even hours. We decided to go back to Harry's place for dinner and walked along the river and over the field back to his car, his touch never leaving me.

He opened the car door for me like he usually does and I thanked him before getting inside and putting on my seatbelt. We headed back to his dads house and talked about little things such as people we just passed by whilst getting there.

+

Harry parked his car where it stood before and I was confused to see another car in the driveway, one that wasn't there before we left. I figured that it's probably just a friend of des or maybe a girlfriend? I didn't know much about Harry's father and I had to make sure that I speak to him more today.

Harry didn't seem to notice the car in the driveway as we walked to his front door. His hands reached to his back pocket, taking out the key and putting it in the keyhole. He turned it around and opened the door.

Everything happened so fast and in a matter of seconds Harry had two arms wrapped around his neck, a blonde head was visible for me to see and I could not believe my eyes as she kissed the corner of Harry's mouth. He seemed to be taken aback just as much as I was but that didn't help the knot that was forming in my chest and the jealousy that was rushing through my veins.

"How have you been?" She asked him, her arms still wrapped around his neck and her face way too close to his for my liking. I felt a sting in my chest as I saw his hand resting on her hips and I pushed myself inside, getting no attention from either of them.

I walked into the kitchen and plopped down into a chair, puffing my cheeks with air and letting it out again. I jumped a bit in my chair as I heard a voice across from me which I recognized as Des'.

"Are you alright?" he asked me and as I looked up he looked concerned. I smiled weakly at him, and nodded my head.

"I'm okay." I said half heartedly. I hate the fact that I get jealous because of such a thing and I don't want to seem like the clingy girlfriend.

"That's Chelsea," he referred to the girl who was probably still standing in the doorway with her arms wrapped around my Harry.

"She's Harry's ex-girlfriend. Last time he was here, at his birthday in February, they had a thing going on. I don't think it was anything serious but just thought I'd let you know." He told me and even though it didn't really help the situation, I was glad he told me.

"Don't worry, I don't really like her either." He chuckled, just as if he could read my mind but I think that's just an adult instinct.

I heard footsteps entering the kitchen and knew it wasn't just Harry; it was that Chelsea girl, too. I looked up to find him standing there, her arm clung around his and I felt the jealousy again along with a stinging in my chest. Harry seemed to avoid my eyes which mad everything just worse and I bit the inside of my cheeks to keep myself from saying something stupid.

"This is Chelsea." He introduced her awkwardly and she waved her hand at me, a smile on her lips. Why does she have to be so pretty?

"And this is my-"His gaze turned to Chelsea and he cut himself off. "This is Brittany."

i love reading your comments so don't be shy and just comment :)

vote, comment, share .xx