Happy Birthday Mia

Packing was a pain in the butt, but unpacking was way worse. Especially since it was raining... and gloomy... and my birthday...

I drive from home was around five days. I got to California last night and had trouble finding the new apartment but made it there by 12:30 am. I was exhausted by then and ended up just sleeping in the car seeing how the moving truck wasn't there yet. I expected to wake up to a warm, sunny, day. Instead I was woken up my the moving guy tapping on the car window, with rain and fog everywhere.

But the moving company was actually a big help with the furniture. They helped me out with everything so by the time they left, I had a bed, a couch, a table, a few dressers, and my tv was set up. I didn't know that they did that sort of thing but it was totally nice of them to help. By 5:30, I was on the couch eating Chinese food and watching Magic Mike.

I jumped out of my seat when my phone rang. I grabbed it and answered without looking at the caller I. D. "Hello?"

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Mia, happy birthday to you!" The group sang.

I laughed, "Thanks guys. It means a lot!"

"How's the new apartment, Hun?" Tanner asked.

I sighed and chuckled, "It's alright. The moving guys helped me with the big things, that would of sucked if I had to set them up myself, so I've only got a few little things left. But it's so different being on my own rather than with you guys or even with my dog. And I-"

"Oh my god! Stop complaining and open the damn door!" Charlie yelled, causing my eyes to widen and making me run to the door.

Once I opened it, I screamed excitedly. Charlie and Molly were screaming too. "You guys are here?!" I grabbed them all in a group hug and squeezed for dear life.

"Hell yeah we are! Why would we miss your birthday?" Andrew ruffled my hair. "Besides, we wanted to see your new apartment."

"Now let us in, my hair is getting soaked," Jax grumbled.

They all walked in and made themselves at home. Mia gave the girls a tour while the guys finished my Chinese food and and flipped through the channels.

--------------------------------------------
Daniel's POV

Five days earlier...

I ran. I ran all the way to her house. I was late. What if I missed her? What if she already left!?

I recognized my friends along with Mia's standing outside her house. "G-guys! Where- where's Mia?"

The girls were crying, I noticed Mia's parents were too. Andrew and Jax glared at me and the other guys just shook their head. "She's gone. Isn't she?" I ran a hand down my face. Vinnie nodded. "Shit!"

Andrew got red in the face. "Screwing things up like always, Storm. Not once since graduation have you spoken to Mia. You told her that you loved her, and blew her off like she was noth-"

"I didn't blow her off, alright! And if I did, it wasn't intentional! I've been sorting things out for a while... Gramm... She sold the house. She didn't say anything, just said 'Here, take this. You'll need it for college.' She told me to pack up and that whatever I couldn't bring, she would save in a storage unit." I said sadly.

"Wait, what?" Jax gasped.

"Yeah," I scratched the back of my head. "She and her boyfriend are moving into a gated community for the elderly."

"A nursing home?" Tanner chimed in.

"No, jackass! It's gated community; everyone has an individual house and everyone must be 55 years and older to live there or something."