Chapter 17

*Unedited*

"You look tensed," Luke commented, sipping his coffee and leaning back into his chair. "Everything alright?"

Ethan looked at him. "Yes, of course. I'm just a little...anxious about our meeting with the Japanese investors this afternoon." His attention momentarily went to his computer screen as it chimed with the notification of a new email, before he focused his attention back on his brother.

"Hmm." Luke looked at him observantly. "Well," he sat up straighter in his chair, "tell me what is really bothering you when you feel ready, okay?"

Ethan laughed, realizing that Luke hadn't brought his lie. He rubbed the back of his neck and muttered, "I don't know how you do this."

"Do what? Know that you're hiding something? I learnt my lesson after the whole episode with you trying to push Bianca out of my life." He teased.

"Oh god!" he exclaimed, placing a hand on his forehead. "I still feel pathetic for doing that."

"Relax," Luke said, chuckling. "I was just pulling your leg."

"Regardless. I want you to know that I feel ashamed of how I acted back then. Bianca is an amazing person. She's perfect for you." Ethan said, giving Luke a small smile.

"Thanks, buddy. I know how you feel about what happened. But this conversation is about you," he pointed out.

Ethan took a moment before admitting, "Someone...Dana's ex-boyfriend has been bothering her," he said, looking at Luke seriously.

"Oh." Luke frowned, not expecting to hear that. "Is it bad?"

"Pretty bad."

"And by pretty bad you mean...?" He looked at him questioningly.

"I think we need to get her some protection against him."

He took a moment, then nodded his head. "Okay. We can get a restraining order against him."

Ethan was shaking his head even before Luke had completed his sentence. "No. That's not going to work."

"Why not?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"His name is William Dawson."

"Good for him. So what?" Luke looked at him blankly, expecting him elaborate.

"That guy's brothers were in the news a few months ago for planting a bomb in one of the malls in Chicago."

Luke's eyes widened. "That William Dawson?"

Ethan nodded.

"You're kidding, right?" He looked at him incredulously. "Wow." 

"It's a serious matter."

Luke let out a breath. "If it's something of this extent, then why didn't you inform me sooner?"

"I thought I had it under control."

"And now you don't?" Luke asked him with a concerned expression, "has something happened?"

"We're not sure yet but one of Dana's friends, Jake, might be hurt. I was on the phone with the cops early this morning. They said they'll send someone to his house to check up on him."

"But can't they do anything to arrest William?"

"They said that they don't have any information about his location."

Luke sighed loudly with a worried look on his face. 

"Last night when we were at the club, he was there." Ethan watched as Luke's eyes widened. "When Dana and Bianca went to use the restroom, he met Dana."