| Diner |

Six months earlier...

"I do love you." He spoke again after the long moment of my nervous silence. He reached down and placed his finger under my chin and pressed his lips against mine. Slow and passionate, he left a simple yet intimate kiss on my lips. I reached in, desperately trying to deepen the kiss to something more until he slowly pulled back from me, leaving me confused and annoyed.

"Not here." he pushed my hair behind my ear. "And not with my baby in side of you. It's...weird."

I laughed at his ridiculousness.

He pressed his forehead against mine and stared down at me.

"I love you." it was weird saying those words to him. He laughed, I guess sensing my weirdness about it.

"I love you too." he chuckled.

I scrolled the electronic pages of one of my favorite story's on Wattpad "Alpha's Dirty Little Secret." hoping that there may be some more current updates or direction toward a sequel. Nope. Disappointed to see that there wasn't, I closed out the app on my tablet and sat it on my night stand.

I had to head to work anyway.

I picked myself up and dragged myself to the bathroom for a cleansing. After finishing up, I walked into my bedroom and over to the window to draw back the curtain. Greeting me was an elegant swirl of orange and yellow that danced across the sky as the sun began to disappear behind the forest trees that were across the way.

I admired the beauty of the view I had from my bedroom window, especially during the sunsets and sun rises. However I didn't love the sunset as much as I do any other time tonight. Only because it reminded me of the night shift I had to cover at the diner.

I hated night shift. The diner was always full of desperate truckers, creepy couples, and rude, arrogant, drunken teenagers who left shitty tips and a disgusting mess.

I slipped on my work attire and my awful slip resistant sneakers. I walked over to my mirror and pulled my shoulder length black curly hair into a ponytail.

Staring back at me through the spotless glass mirror was a light brown skin woman who dreaded her current placement in life. All I could see was a tired woman. An over worked woman. Her brown eyes were low and heavy, obviously carrying unnecessary weight and clearly over worked. She was a little curvaceous yet such assets were hidden behind such awful uniform. Full lips that curved into a small; helpless smile that complimented her little dimples. But I had to support myself somehow so the diner was the ending result.

I picked up my bag and walked out of my room and down to the living area.

"Going to work?" My roommate Blake flipped through the pages of one of her Vogue magazines.

God I hate having a roommate but it's needed I suppose. After my grandmother had died, it was my name scribbled next to the estate in her will. Unable to pay all of the bills on such a pour salary and my also attending school, it was safe to say help was a need.

"Yeah." I tossed my bag over my shoulder and picked up my car keys. "See you later?"

"See you Chanel." She yelled out. "Bring me back a doggy bag."

"Sure."

I shut the door behind me as I made my way to my car....

"Coffee?"

"Sure sweet cheeks." I cringed at the thought of this old truck driver flirting with me.

Holding my breath and mentally cursing my life, I filled his mug with coffee before I stepped back over to the main counter.

"He's a catch isn't he?"

"Go to hell Alexa." I wanted to shove my slip resistant shoe up her petite ass.

"Love you too."

I winked at my longtime friend, pretending to show an act of passion. Hopefully it would scare off the horny dogs that sat in the diner.

Who am I kidding?

These old fucks would find lesbians just as sexy as anything else.

God just get me through this night....

g^;