Dumped (27)

Picture on the side - Cover by DarkWriters and safiaa56. Thanks, guys! --------------------->>>>>>>>

27

"Will you zip me?" I asked, turning my back to Jeremy.

"If it's alright with you, I'd rather not", he said, pulling off the dress straps.

"Jeremy", I whined.

“Fine”, he said, with a groan.

We were getting ready for Rosie's rehearsal dinner. It was finally the night before the wedding, and I honestly couldn’t wait till he entire thing was all entirely over. It’d mean less of my mother and Rosie altogether – most definitely a dream come true.

Jeremy zipped me up slowly, making my skin tingle and making me want to reverse the entire process. But, I was already running a bit late – family was supposed to be the first to arrive. I turned back to face him, when he was done.

"You look beautiful", he said, as his eyes raked over my black satin cleavage-baring, floor-length dress. 

"Thanks. You sure you're okay with me going with Brad?"

 It would have been odd if Jeremy and I went together, so I hadn’t even brought it up at all. I’d just asked Brad to go with me – he’d already been invited too – and he agreed.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Jeremy asked, with a small frown.

"We-ell, because he's your best friend, and we're . . . . whatever we are. It's just, I know my mom's probably got some creep to be the best man and I really don't want to deal with that."

"Well, it’s okay. Besides, at the end of the night, it's my bed you're going to be in", he said, with a cocky grin.

"Don't be so sure", I joked.

He fiddled with his tie in front of the mirror. Rosie had of course invited him too; she thought having some kind of celebrity at her wedding would make more people long to come too. He wasn’t going for the wedding, but he thought it was only polite to show up at the rehearsal dinner.

 "So, um . . who are you going with?" I asked, nervously.

He looked at me, through my reflection and shrugged. "An old friend", he replied.

"Okay", I said, with a forced smile. Somehow, the thought of his hands wrapped around another woman was making my heart sink. I’d never been the jealous type, so, my sudden development of disdain for whoever Jeremy’s date was, kind of scared me a little.

"Are you okay with that?", he asked, sitting next to me on the bed.

I was pulling on my heels. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I said, looking away.

"Because we're . . . whatever we are."

I shrugged, feigning nonchalance. "Well, it's okay."

I went over to my dresser and sat down, to make any finishing touches to my facial appearance. Jeremy came over and crouched down next to the chair.

“The minute it all gets too much to take, you let me know”, he whispered.

I bit my lip as I met his gaze. It had been about a month since our ‘thing’ had started, with that kiss in the rain, and he still made my heart flutter with every gaze.

"I'm going to go now", he said slowly.

I nodded, "Guess I'll see you there, then."

He smiled, and leaned over and kissed me softly. "See you", he said, afterwards, and stood up. He was walking out the door, but then, stopped abruptly and turned. "My place or yours?" he asked, with a grin.