Ex Marks the Spot

I walked down the hall to my new third hour Anatomy and Physiology class. It used to be my 6th hour class, and I used to have a free hour for my third hour, but I asked my guidance counselor if I could switch the two hours, so I could get out a little early. She agreed, and, well, here I am. I knew Jason was in this class, and I was hoping that if we had to have lab partners, he could be mine. We worked well together last year in chemistry and he actually knows his way around the science lab.

When I walked into the class, my heart nearly dropped. The desks were "partner" tables, so more than likely I was going to be assigned a lab partner.

"Crap." I said under my breath. I walked up to the teacher and he told me which table to sit at.

I sat down while the class filled up. Jason walked to my table as soon as he got in the class.

"Summer? What are you doing in this class?" he asked with a smile.

"I switched my free hour and my A&P class." I told him as I pulled out a folder filled with flyers for the tryouts. I had to put some up in the hallway after this class.

"Hmm, cool." He said with a nod.

"So, are you my lab partner?" I asked hopefully.

"I wish. My lab partner is an idiot. Your lab partner is some girl... Uh, her name starts with a C, I think." He said, rubbing his chin and thinking.

"Darn. I was really hoping I could have you for a lab partner. Remember how we were killin it last year! Everyone was jealous of our mad chem skills!" I joked.

Jason laughed, "Got that right!"

So you're my new lab partner?" a girl says as she drops her binder and textbook on the table, stopping mine and Jason's conversation.

When I looked up and saw who it was, I felt like I was hit by a train. I was angry and upset, and shocked. I felt the whole spectrum emotions, because who was standing before me, was none other than Caitlin. This is the girl that hurt Bryce.

This is the girl that fucked up Bryce's relationship with his brother. It was all her fault, and now I'm her lab partner. It was taking all my strength not to stand up and punch her in her face for that she's done.

Jason noticed my dead silence, and answered for me. "Yeah, she just switched to this class."

"Hm, well I'm Caitlin." She said with a bored look on her face, as she went to pull something out of her bag.

"Summer." I said.

She froze for a second, and then continued like nothing happened. I glanced back at Jason, whom was eyeing us curiously.

'Later.' I mouthed.

I took one last look at us and nodded.

"Summer, hmm, what an odd name. I don't think I've heard that used as a name, ever."

Really? Are you pulling my leg right now? I know you know me, just like I know you. Stop playing dumb! God, I was going to lose it, and it hasn't even been five minutes.

.

.

.

When the class ended I was barely hanging on by a thread. I glared daggers at the back of her head as she walked out of the class, and if looks could kill, she would have been dead a good thirty minutes ago. Jason walked over to my desk and helped me with my binders and textbooks.

"So who was that, and why do you want to kill her." Jason asked jokingly.

"Well, she is Bryce's ex."

Jason nodded, "I see. Well this is going to be a rough year for you."

"Tell me about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter is a little bit shorter. I hope you guys liked it though. Please comment and vote

I would like 30 votes and 25 comments for this chapter.

Have a wonderful day :)