𝐢𝐯. UNFAMILIAR FACES

˖*°࿐chapter four

˖chapter four.
iv. UNFAMILIAR FACES

———

janelle

"That's it? We're gonna kill bad guys together, and you're not gonna talk to me?"

I followed Damon out the car as Alaric continued his path towards the Mystic Falls Cemetery. It turns out that in his grand plan to bring Bonnie home, which he didn't, he compelled Ric to steal the ascendant for the prison world from his girlfriend.

Which is why we're here now, to rescue her. I just tagged along because I had nothing else better to do with my day, and they needed an extra hand.

"Look. You blew up your car; you needed a ride," Ric said. "Doesn't mean we have to talk."

Damon ran to catch up with him. "All right. Look. I agree that maybe compelling you to betray your lady friend was an irrational decision stemming from untreated control issues."

Alaric stopped to look at Damon before scoffing and walking away again.

I quietly laughed as Damon asked, "What?" He just ignored Damon, causing him to vamp in front of him. "I'm sorry, Ric."

"Is that it?" Alaric asked, giving Damon nothing, but a blank stare.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"Great. Let's finish this."

That smile from my big brother's face dropped when he stepped past him, obviously still upset.

"Awe, don't worry, Damon. He'll come around." I placed a hand on his arm.

"You think?" he wondered.

I scrunched up my nose while shaking my head. "No. It just felt nice to say."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes at me. "Just remember the plan. When —"

"You lure out the psychopath; I shimmer in to save Jo. Then, you and Ric have the luxury of killing him. I got it. I got it. Now, hurry up." I shooed him away so that we could get a move on things.

"Okay. And watch your step. I don't see how you can walk in those things." He said, referring to my heels.

I smirked, "Don't be jealous."

"Oh, believe me. I'm not."

———

Damon whistled from outside the mausoleum as I waited carefully in the distance. Someone came out, but I couldn't see their face, so I just assumed it was the person who took Jo. When he was far enough away from the entrance, Damon sped over to the guy, knocking him into a tree.