XLV- Iris

There was a knock on Greyson's office and the door opened. "Iris," he said. "Take a seat."

Indianna's mother sat in front of Greyson's desk and swallowed. She was a fully grown woman and she hated the fact that a teenager could intimidate her. "How is she?"

"Resting," Greyson said. "It was a hard shift. She'll be tired for a few days."

"But she's a werewolf? She's now officially the Luna of the pack?"

"Not yet. The branding ceremony needs to happen first," Greyson said and Iris frowned.

"Have you told her what happens at the branding ceremony?"

"... No," Greyson muttered and shook his head. "I did not call you here to discuss Indianna."

"Then why am I here?"

"I need to talk to you about Rogue," Greyson said and Iris stiffened. "I'm am sure you have heard what happened. The 'gift' he sent Indie?"

Iris nodded. "I heard," she murmured.

"We need to figure out who Rogue is and why he wants Indianna," Greyson said. "The other day I was thinking and I happened to remember something about you and your late husband. It was a rumour, but rumours are formed from variations of the truth."

Iris shifted uncomfortably on her seat and Greyson pursed his lips, leaning forward and linking his fingers together on his desk. "I don't know what-"

"Cut the bullshit, Iris," Greyson snapped. "You know very well what I am talking about."

Iris sighed in defeat and closed her eyes. "They are old rumours that you are referring to."

"The time they came around doesn't effect their validity," Greyson said sharply. He was growing annoyed very quickly. "Iris, think of Indianna. I need to protect her. I need to keep her safe from Rogue and to do that we need to know who he is and why he wants her. If these rumours hold some truth then it would explain everything. Why he attacked your husband, why he wants Indianna."

"Not many people knew about this," Iris said quietly. "How have you heard of these rumours?"

Greyson sighed angrily and stood up abruptly. "You seem to have forgotten, Iris, but I am a very powerful Alpha of a very powerful pack. I didn't achieve this from doing nothing. I have the power I do because I am good at what I do. I may be young, but I know many secrets and I am aware of a lot more than you may think. Iris, no more stalling. Give me the answers that I want and you will not regret it. If you keep the answer from me then you will regret it, Iris. You wanted a second chance with Indianna, didn't you? I am the person who is currently allowing you to stay at my home. I am the person who can kick you out and leave you for Rogue. If these rumours are true, and I am pretty sure that they are, then I'm certain Rogue will tear you apart limb by limb and feed you to the dogs. So, Iris, you have one chance. These rumours, are they the truth or not?"

*

Greyson sighed and stared at the empty seat in front of him. Iris had left 20 minutes previously after confirming his fears.

He knew who Rogue was.

And Indianna could never know.

He wasn't sure that she would be able to deal with the news. The news that had been kept from her all of her life.

She would never know and Rogue would never lay a hand on her. Greyson would protect Indianna with his life.

*Alpha, she is awake.*

Greyson stood as soon as he heard Doc's voice in his mind and he exited his office, brushing past the pack members that were in the hallway, and made his way to the infirmary where Indianna had been since the shift.

When he arrived his mother was already there, talking to an exhausted looking Indianna. "Speak quietly," Laura instructed. "Her senses are extremely sensitive right now."

Greyson nodded and he went to Indianna's side. She smiled and grabbed his hand. "Hi," she said softly.

"Hello," Greyson said and looked Indianna up and down. "How are you feeling?"

"Knackered," Indianna grumbled. "Everything hurts. Everything is super loud, my eyes are super sensitive, my nose burns at any strong smell and I can't seem to do anything at the speed of a human."

"It will take some time to adjust. You have only experience werewolf senses in small bursts, now it is constant," Greyson said.

"There is one good thing out of this," Indianna said and Greyson raised his eyebrows.

"And what is that?"

"I feel you," she said and linked her fingers with Greyson's. "I'm finally connected to you the way you are with me. I'm in your head, your mind. I can feel your emotions. I feel like I'm part of you; you're a part of me."

"We're mates. We are the other half to each other. Everything about the two of us is made for each other. We complete each other," Greyson said.

"I am going to leave you two," Laura said and stood. She placed a hand on Indianna's shoulder and smiled. "When you feel better we will properly talk. I look forward to getting to know you, Indianna." Laura kissed her son on the cheek and then walked out.

"What did you two talk about?" Greyson wondered. "Before I came in."

"You," Indianna shrugged. "Me."

"Could you be any vaguer?" Greyson said and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, shut up," Indianna said. "Greyson," she said, her eyes widening when she remembered something. "I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

Indianna yawned and rubbed her eyes, sleep catching up to her. "I spoke with Ellie, the girl who Ace saved in the woods after Rogue attacked her."

"Yes?"

"Well, you let her into your pack, but she mentioned how she wasn't a pack member yet. She said something about a branding ceremony," Indianna said tiredly and Greyson stiffened, knowing that Indianna was not going to enjoy being told about the branding ceremony. "She said you weren't a pack member until the branding ceremony. Greyson, what is that?"

Greyson noticed how Indianna was minutes away from sleeping and he silently thanked the Moon Goddess. "Nothing you need to worry about, sugar," he said and tucked a piece of hair behind Indianna's ear. He gently stroked her cheek and smiled. "You're tied. Sleep. I'll be here when you wake."