30: Said Birdie

"Wait a minute. He just...left?" Reese asked me. I nodded, covering my eyes with my hand. "What exactly happened last night?"

"We may or may have not gone on a date." Talia shot up from her position on the couch, a creepy smiling illuminating her face. "Relax Tal. He just wanted to give me the 'full dating experience'."

"I knew there was something off when I saw you today. You have that fire in your eyes." Reese agreed with her and they faced me. "Continue the story."

"There is no story." They narrowed their eyes at me. "Nothing happened."

"You're lying." Reese voiced her thoughts. "But I'm not going to push it."

"Well you and I are different people. Did he dick you down properly before he left?" Reese and I howled in laughter trying to regain our consciousness. "It's a serious question. We all know you two are fucᴋing for real this time."

"Do you want your baby to understand such vulgar language," Reese asked once she had recovered from Talia's spillage.

"Bunny is fine."

Reese and I shared a look wondering if Talia had finally lost her damn mind. "Who the hell is Bunny?"

"Our baby. Bun in the oven is a mouthful, so it's Bunny." Reese looked at the ceiling as if say 'what can I do now?'.

"I pray you guys choose a great, new name for Bunny," I emphasized the name before leaning forward and setting my tub of ice cream down. Talia was about to bring it up again, but my door slammed open and in came Ashley: puffy face, red eyes, snot coming out of her nose, and tears freefalling down her face.

"Holy shit!" Reese was the first one up, enveloping Ashley in a hug. "Ash, talk to us." She sat her down on the couch, kneeling in front of her.

All we heard was excessive breathing and choked sobs. "S-S-Sam." She took in deep breaths to calm her hysterics. "Oh God. I'm a fucᴋing mess."

"What happened?" I asked her, placing a mug of hot chocolate in front of her.

More tears ran down her face before she spit the words out. "He broke up with me." We weren't surprised. "I felt it. I knew it was coming and I still wasn't ready. I want him to be happy. That's the least I can wish him, right?" She broke out into tears again. "I just want a reason."

Ashley went back to her car to get her overnight bag leaving the rest of us in silence. We were in the kitchen debating on calling Kyle or not. "What if this splits the group?" Talia asked the million dollar question.

"We shall cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we shall be great friends." The door opened again and Ashley came waltzing in. "You can just drop your bag in my room."

"Don't let this put a damper on our sleepover. We can still do the same crazy shit. Just act like it never happened." She disappeared down the hall.

~∞~

"You are such a cheater." Dean said as I walked away from a customer with tips in my hand.

"It's okay to be jealous Dean." I laughed as I placed the cash in the tip box. After totaling prices and tabs, I unraveled my apron and tossed it to Gavin who had just walked in. "Have fun." Gavin only narrowed his eyes at me. I walked towards the back immediately stripping myself out of these stupid stockings.

As soon as I exited the bar, I saw Kyle parked in the front of the entrance. I ran around the front of his car, getting into the passenger seat. "Took you long enough."

"I don't just get to leave work before my time is up." He pulled out the parking lot heading towards the city. Meanwhile, I dressed out of my Oxford shirt into a loose tank. I only left the shorts on which went with the ensemble.