Chapter 2: Broken

Just so you readers know I changed the previous chapter.... - Pluto,  date changed: 3/23/13

Picture of Cassidy on the side ------------------------------------->

______________________________________________________

Recap:

As Jacob and I were walking up to the school entrance I saw him. My mate. Actually I smelled him first. He smelled like apples and freshly sanded wood. It was mouthwatering. I looked around the campus until I found him.

He had that sexy messy looking hair; brown. A little button nose. Muscles that I knew one day I would get the chance to run my fingers all over. I was already perving him and I didn't even know who he was. As my eyes met his, it was like my world stopped. His deep green eyes held mine for what seems like hours. Then it finally hit me. I knew who my mate was.

Damen Michaelson. The alpha-to-be.

I whispered "Mate," Jacob shot me a look that said "what did you just say?"

Just at that moment my whore of a sister walked up grabbed his face and roughly kissed him. She even went so far as to jump up and wrap her legs around his waist. His hands even caught her, grabbing her fat ass.

The worst part was that he didn't even attempt to stop her. He kissed her back. Knowing full well that I was right there.

My heart was already shattered.

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 2: Broken

I was seeing red. I was fighting my wolf for control. She wanted nothing more then to get over there and rip her diseased little hands off of our mate. Who knew what she caught while sleeping around! Knowing she was meant to be a Luna was really getting to my wolf's head fast I think. She was extremely possessive at this point, not that I could I blame her. How could he let her even touch him after he finally found me?! Wait.....

His sixteenth birthday was a year ago.... He was a junior like Briella and I.... He would have known I was his mate. Why didn't he say anything? Tears came to my eyes. I knew why.

I "wasn't" a shifter like my sister. He didn't want me. He is going to reject me.

Jacob grabbed my arm and I instantly knew I was going to have a bruise, not that it would last long with my werewolf healing, but a bruise none the less. I had to close my eyes because by now my eyes would have turned completely black with the amount of control my wolf had. I had to rein her in and get my act under control. No one could figure out what I was. At least not yet.

"What did you just say Cass?" Jacob had a look that was between shock and humiliation with a little anger under the surface.

"I said mate Jake! Damen is my mate! I knew it the minute I saw him!" I turned to Damen who had now ended his little suck-face session with Briella and said, "Tell him Damen! I'm your mate."

I saw panic cross Damen's face but he quickly masked it. His normal cocky smile reappeared on his perfect face. "Like you would be my mate! That's rich! I need a strong alpha female for my pack, preferably a shifter. You Cassidy Knightlock are neither. You aren't even pretty. If you were my mate, not that you are," No please Damen don't say it! I thought. "I would reject you." he finished. He even went as far as to grab that whore again and plant another lingering kiss on her lips. Both of us knew exactly what he was doing when he said those final words. No one else knew the severity of them; no one knew that their pack just got weaker because the alpha-to-be just rejected his luna.