Chapter 19: Are you a cross dresser?

Chapter 19

Are you a cross dresser?

**Amira on the side**

>>>Carter

The thing about Saturdays is that I don't like to get up early.

Saturdays are for me to sleep the day away, and get up sometime in the afternoon only to eat then spend the rest of the day in my beloved bed to read, listen the loves of my life Chris Daughtry and Adam Levine sing to me, or simply get more sleep. My Saturdays are my blissful days where no stupid crushes are allowed on my mind, studying can go to hell because I'm not picking up a damn school book, and the only thing I shall be eating is anything that will give cavities.

So can you imagine how sour my day went as my door went pounding away at seven o'clock in the morning.

"I swear Maybelle if you decide to show up right now and ruin my day I'm so gonna...." I muttered under my breath as I walked towards the front door in a pair of old shorts and blue T-shirt. Turning the knob while adjusting my glasses, my tired eyes widened in shock as they stared at the cheerful expression from a smiling Genevieve making me blink a few times like I expected her to disappear each time my eyelids went up. She was dressed as if we she were going out with a bright red blouse, and blue denim jeans with her hair pined up in a tight ponytail.

"Morning Carter!" she sings like it was the most normal thing to do at this time of day as I stared dumbfounded.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" I ask, my voice choppy from just waking up. "What are you doing here?"

"Well we need to get ready remember."

Whoa wait. Did she mean...

"The Ball doesn't start in twelve hours!" I protest.

"Our fitting is at 8 and you aren't even dressed-"

"Fitting?! Eve what are you up to? I thought the costumes were ready?"

"Well haha about that..." she muttered out the rest sentence making my eye twitch from lack of sleep on the day I'm usually knocked out cold during this time.

"Genevieve." I grit tiredly making her sigh.

"Our costumes are technically ready, but we need to go and get them stitched in."

"Oh for the love of- Eve I need to sleep. Reschedule, and come back in a few hours-"

"I can't." she whines. "The only opening I managed to get was this morning."

I'm starting regret even opening the door; I should've stayed in bed.

"Please Carter. My dear sweet understanding lovable friend-"

"Eve I'm-"

"Please!"

"No."

"Carter!"

"Genieveve." I whined back as she pouts while giving me the best puppy dog look she could muster knowing full well I go soft hearted at that face. "Oh no. Stop looking at me like that. I'm not going, end of story. I'm not doing it. You're not making me go at this time of day Eve. No No No."

....................................

Apparently No doesn't mean anything anymore when it comes to your one and only friend practically puppy staring you down.

"Hello I'm Genevieve Mauricio, and we're here for our eight o'clock appointment." Genevieve says gleefully towards the tall counter lady who looked between us in boredom as she continuously chewed on her bubble gum.