Elise Book Bonus

I got the ideas for Elise's story! I already started making some notes but it will take some time until I'm able to focus on it totally. I have A LOOOOOTTTT of books that need to be completed and I'm always getting ideas so can be a bit overwhelming lol. In the meantime, here is a sampling I thought you'd enjoy! Her book is titled CADO. Which is Latin meaning "To Fall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last time I was on a beach at night was with this man. He had a way of calling me to him. The ocean water crashes against the shoreline. A breeze blows because we are so close to the water but the mid summer heat cancels out the coolness. My toes dig into the grains of sand gripping the light brown tiny pebbles trying to stop my ascent to him. Nothing worked. It didn't work the last time and it wouldn't work this time. There's a fire pit set up. I'm not sure why because I was hot standing next to him without help from the bright orange flames.

"Doesn't this look familiar?"

Just like then, he turns to me when I arrive. Staring over his broad shoulder at me walking. The fire makes his toffee colored skin richer in color. It's beautiful, the way he is beautiful. The way our son is beautiful because he is a replica of him.

He faces me completely now. Indifference is set to his features but desire burns in his warm brown eyes. His dark curls are less now. Not thick and wild the way they were when I ran my hands through them on those nights we shared on the beach.

I wasn't sure what to call him now. Kimani or Nathaniel. Kimani was the name on his birth certificate. It was the name I called him when I met him. But as I knew then, he mostly went by Nathaniel.

"Hello Elise."

His voice is different. His accent is much milder. The sound is smooth but harsh like the water. He is a new person. Manlier. Rougher. Experienced.

"Hello Nathaniel." I go with the safe option.

"You have two options." He tells me.

I smirk. This is exactly what he told me on that first night. "What are the options?" I reply.

He's angry with me pissed and hurt. But he has chosen to start this game I don't know why. It's faraway from who we were but not faraway from the distinct emotion I read in his eyes. I don't want to be affected by him. I don't want us to be affected by each other. Nothing good can come of this.

"We can talk now...or we can talk after?"

My heart pounds I know what he will say. I know what I said that night. "After what?"

"After I have sex with you on this beach."

My core clenches and my breath falters. His words have the same effect as they did that night years ago. "Why did you just do that?" I say to him coming to a complete stop on the opposite side of the fire.

"I needed to know if things were still the same."

"Are they?"

"Depends. Tell me everything about my son first."

My head falls with my chin connecting to my neck as my eyes close. My new cut hair drapes around my face. Things weren't the same. How can they be after this? I was a naïve woman. I was the journalist that didn't learn the way to cover her biggest story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I can tell you so far about the book is that it will involve lots of drama (of course), a hot man or maybe several (of course), and some Jamaican sunshine with lots of rum! Ya Mon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright © 2015 by Q.D.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission.