Chapter 11- Prey

*Shailene's POV*

This is the third time I tried to call Andrew, but he was not picking up. He was probably not close to his phone or sleeping. The latter was not even going to be considered because he barely sleeps...we barely sleep.

In fact, I never even got an answer for who had stolen his phone before. I set my iPhone aside and just stared into nothing.

I wish my mom was here sometimes. I know daddy is torn on the inside and drowns in alcohol in hope to heal him. He manages his feeling expressions well, but it kinda hurts most when you're pretending it doesn't. Sometimes I wonder if she ever thinks about me at all, like I have these night-crazed sorrow sessions to overthink these kinds of things.
I wonder what she looks like now..

I shook my feelings off and checked the time because hunger was beginning to invade my priorities.

Twas 11:30. Great, lunchtime at night.

I made my way downstairs into the living room, where I saw the last thing I expected.

My father was leaned casually against the armrest of the couch and a strangely familiar brunette woman, leaned a bit to close to him, her palm atop his left leg. I couldn't place her right now.

I was so taken aback but this close interaction, as they moved closer and closer, I didn't realize when I hovered and skipped the last stair.

My body fell flat onto the floor as I failed to grasp the handrail, and I felt my hand experience trauma beneath my torso. With that, I had attracted their attention right over to me.

*Kendall's POV*

As I was about to call Melanie, I got a pleasantly unexpected surprise. My brother was calling me. I wondered if he was calling to bash me or beg for mercy because he figured what was about to go down.

But, I was given a different impression. I answered. 'Hello.'

'Kendall,' he spoke my name with a serious tone.

'Oh, Andrew,' I couldn't help but laugh, as I remembered my intentions.

'Could you be a human for one second?'

Let me think about that..... 'No.' I laughed again.

'You know, you have no idea what life away from them feels like Ken. If you did, you wouldn't be doing this.'

'Drew, you and I both know it would have eventually resulted to this.'

'To what? Separating Shailene and I? Really? My only source of happiness? You want to take that away from me too Kendall? '

'I thought I wa---' He cut me off.

'No you didn't. You knew it would have happened.' He was starting to get a bit loud.

'I am just doing as I am told, by the way, did you tell your girlfriend that I'm your brother as yet, or should I do it?'

'To her, you're a stranger, please don't involve her in this.'

I completely ignored his last statement. 'You know, Jared wouldn't have liked to play this game, he would get straight to the point. But, since I am finally given an outside opportunity, I think I'd like to have a little fun with my prey.'

Before he could search for words to say, I hung up, and called Melanie.

*Andrew's POV*

He just ignored my request to leave Shay out of it. I swear throughout the call I heard him laugh a few times, after a few moments of silence he said 'You know, Jared wouldn't have liked to play this game, he would get straight to the point. But, since I am finally given an outside opportunity, I think I'd like to have a little fun with my prey.' And with that, he hung up.