Chapter 11 | The Girl

c: _adayka_

c: _adayka_

"I got smarter, I got harder,
in the nick of time,"
Taylor Swift

Third Person Perspective

The setting was dark and damp. The rough stone walls and iron bars waved around as the humidity and coolness combined in one, making the dungeon air feel horrible.

Y/n Y/l/n huddled in the corner, her back resting in such a bad posture while the chains around her wrist clinked with every movement; her clothes were dirty and torn from the post-ball and her body shivered in cold.

She was tired and fed up. Y/n was drained of warmth, as if she had been in that cellar for a long time, yet, it was only an hour.

But Y/n's mind was distracted from her suffering — distracted by the thoughts of Ominis Gaunt being in the Gaunt Manor. She couldn't help, but ask herself over and over again, why was he there.

What could Ominis possibly want? He always belittled his family.

Did Ominis stumble upon here to see my suffrage? He really did enjoy seeing me fail.

Was Ominis here to help me?

Y/n nearly laughed to herself in the closed-in space, not even believing herself of the possibilities within her school enemy. There was so much uncertainty upon his visit, but there was no trust with the Gaunts. If she couldn't trust any of them, Ominis Gaunt least.

Crack

Y/n did not even attempt to make a turn on the familiar noise. She predicted it would be a house elf giving her directions from Alford Gaunt that she no longer wanted to comply.

"Miss Y/n....Sir Gaunt has told Mippy—"

"No, Mippy," Y/n said with her eyes closed, "I refuse to obey anything by that monster at this time."

The house elf rubbed her hands together, nervous before enchanting a glass of water and setting it on the floor beside Y/n's reach.

"Sir Gaunt has told Mippy to give you water. To keep you hydrated." Mippy let out to her in more worry, "Mippy cannot go until Miss Y/n drinks."

Y/n scoffed at the impossible worry Alford Gaunt could have on her to reassure she was well hydrated after being cast the torturous unforgivable, Crucio, on.

"How sincere of him," Y/n almost rolled her eyes, but she was actually thirsty.

She took a gulp hungrily. The cool liquid brought a welcome of small relief thorugh the system and rehydrated her more than usual.