Chapter 67

Bethany's POV

"Did you get there safely?" I hear Leighton through the phone as I enter the penthouse I own in New York.

"Yeah. Did you get back to Colton alright?"

"Yeah, he was waiting at the airport for me." I can hear her smile through the phone, making my heart clench. Jealousy was at an all time high with me right now.

"I'm sorry it was such a quick decision for me to leave like that." I apologize, hoping to get the topic off attractive boyfriends.

"Oh Bethany it's fine... I should have known partying and pushing you to go on dates wouldn't be the right way. You're not that type of girl."

I felt the conversation fading out. She sounded tired, and groggy. I was wide awake though. I wasn't able to fall asleep because my mind wouldn't stop thinking. All it did was run and run and run, thinking about what I should do.

I had just finished grocery shopping for the next few days while I was here. I hadn't visited since Chace and I's two year anniversary a couple months ago, so there wasn't much to eat. After arriving two mornings ago, and ordering in or going out to eat, I decided I wanted a home cooked meal. Sure, I'd be eating by myself, but I was kind of used to doing stuff like that.

Manhattan was crazy though. All the streets were blocked off with small metal fences, allowing people to line up for the ball to drop. There were people throwing confetti everywhere, practicing for tonight I assume. There was barely any walking room, because most people had been camping out since four am to get good spots for this evenings affairs.

Tonight was Chace's New Year's Eve party, and hopefully, everything goes according to plan. If not, I don't know what I'd do. I could feel my stomach churning and twisting with every little thought about what could go wrong. This was such a rash decision, and if even the tiniest thing goes wrong, I could end up feeling like shit for the rest of my life.

I was wondering what Harry would be doing tonight since I already had my plans figured out. I had assumed he'd be going out with Julia for New Years, but when I saw on the News that he had landed in New York, I was kind of shocked. I knew he was in the city, and I was hoping he wouldn't make a scene tonight.

That was one thing I was completely tired of. I didn't want Harry popping up, ruining anything. I felt as if every camera on the planet was drawn to him. Though, it was odd. No one had seen him arrive at any hotels, and no one had seen him roaming the streets, so maybe he had left. Maybe he had flown out here to catch a flight somewhere else, or he was driving to his destination? I didn't know. He hadn't bothered me and I think that's a good thing.

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he had went and seen her again. I couldn't figure out why he'd go and see someone who hurt him so much. I couldn't think of any reasons why. Was he ending things with her? Was he upset with her? Was he telling her he still wanted to be with her?

I didn't understand. He had left England after his get together with her. The worst thing in the world is the fact that I knew this. I was so weak when it came to not caring about him, that I literally would read any article that had his name in the title.

I hated him for it as well. I hated how he was so stuck in my mind, he never ever left. He was practically haunting me, talking to me at all times. I could see a fucking pen, and somehow it would remind me of Harry. I could hear a song on the radio, and it'd remind me of Harry. I could walk past a man that wore a strong cologne, and I'd think of Harry. I could eat anything, and somehow, I'd still be thinking of fucking Harry Styles.

It was like a disease that never went away. It was like getting limes disease after a tick bites you. Harry fucking bit me, in all the worst places, and I was fucking stuck with him for what seemed like forever.