Chapter 6

Count was reluctant to answer anything I asked.
Like his interests and other things . . . it was hard to get close to him, but we were a little closer now than we originally were.
So then I went back to hang around with Chomp, and we kept defending the garden.
Suddenly another garlic drone came from the sky.
"Whats going on?" I ask it, and it was pointing in the direction where the other Cactus were.
Something wasn't right, nothing even felt right.
"They're in trouble," Chomp murmured.
"You guys go," Count says. "I'll protect this garden and you guys can see what's going on."
"We can't leave you," I said. "We should all go together."
"Don't worry about it," Chomp answered. "Ill go and you two stay here."
"Thats not happening either," I snap. "Maybe I can go, I can heal myself and watch my own back while you two protect each other. I'll leave a few healing pots for you guys. Protect at least 2 and you'll be safe."
Chomp looked unsure about this plan but Count was all for it.
"Ill be back," I tell Chomp, and I give him a hug.
Then I race down the dirt path and towards the canyon where the Cactuses went.
It was pretty dark, and empty, but overall it was eerily quiet. The garlic drone flew ahead of me, and waited for me to catch up when it was too far away.
I could hear the sound of waves crashing in the distance, there must've been an ocean nearby.
Eventually I saw Citrus Cactus and she was crying.
"Whats wrong?" I ask while running up to her.
"Its my sister!" She shouts.
And she points to a boulder over in the distance.
"A zombie launched a rocket at us and my sister pushed me out if the way, but the rocket missed and hit a boulder.... now the boulder landed on top of her." She couldn't talk right, she was sniffling and gasping for air.
I wanted to tell her that it was alright... but her sister could be dead underneath that boulder.
I walk over and see of I can push it.. but I cannot.
"She's a goner!" Citrus shouted and she started crying even harder.
I look up at her, and I have no idea what to say.
"I'm sorry." Is all I can muster, and then plant a healing flower in the ground for Camo Cactuses grave.
Then I hold onto Cactus while she weeps into my petals.
Sometimes a hug can go a long way. By being there for someone is how we can help them.
She pulls away after a moment, still sniffling.
"Do you know where the zombie is that did this?" I ask.
She shakes her head. "I think he got away."
Well this isn't good... he could be somewhere up in the rocks aiming for us and we could be goners right now.
I grab Cactuses hand, and then I make my way behind some more crumbled boulders that exposed an entrance to a canyon.
"We're not safe out in the open," I command, and keep running.
Even though, there was a loud crashing noise.
Was Chomp and Count alright.
Citrus Cactus starts to weep again, but I calm her down.
"We're gonna be alright," I say, but she keeps shaking her head. I'm not even sure if I believed myself with the explosions going on.
"He's going to kill us!" She point in the distance, and I turn around to see a foot soldier before us.
Smiling and aiming his gun at us.
Crap.
Idk what to do. We should attack, but Citrus Cactus is cowering and afraid, and my sun blasts aren't strong enough to protect both of us.
I didn't even see him sneak up on us or hear him.
Was this going to be the end for us?
He's about to pull the trigger, but then something else is shooting at him, and tiny bits of his body starts falling apart.
I look at the ground and see corn...
Citrus Cactus was still on the ground, cowering and her eyes were closed.
"Hey it's alright," I tell her. "We're saved."
She opens up her eyes one at a time.
"We're safe?" She repeats. And I nod my head.
I grab her arms and pull her away from the wall and we walk out into the open.
"Are you two OK?" A voice asks.
I look behind me and see a stalk of corn walking towards us.
"Thank you," I smile. "You have no idea how much -"
"I just came from overseas from another zombie battle." He says. "I didn't expect to come back home for another one. I thought the peas and rest of you plants took care of them."
"Well there's not many of us left." I answer, still holding on to Cactuses arm.
"Well it's a good thing I came back," he said. "I'm Kernel Corn, or KC for short. I'm a retired veteran. Here to save the day once again."
"Thanks," I answer. "We need to find our friends."
Kc nods, and then we both walk after him.