13- Not fair.

Alex took off into the woods, Cassy hot on his trail; weaving around the trees with eager anticipation in giving her legs a good workout.  She could not believe she had waited this long to give her second nature free reign, her wolf was a big part of her and the joy she got from running was one they shared.  She would not wait this long again.  Keeping up with Alex as he sped amongst the trees, weaving around the trees in an intricate dance took everything she had.

Alex put in everything he had to stay ahead of the light brown wolf that was following hot on his tail.  The faster he went, the quicker she responded to his moves.  It was as if she knew what moves he was going to make, it was disconcerting on one level, but exhilarating on a whole new plane.

It was close to midnight when Alex eventually headed back home.  This was possibly the most enjoyable run he had ever had – apart from his first ever.  Just thinking about it had him smiling internally, and through the bond that he and Cassy now shared, he could feel her remembering her first run as well.  Being a werewolf had its perks for sure.

[Heading back already?]  Her wolf sounded a little huskier than she did.

[Yes, we still have to discuss how we are going to work out a time table so that my brothers can reap the benefit of everything you know.]

As reply Cassy snorted.

[Besides, I have a surprise that you might enjoy.]

[Oh?]  Typically female, she tried to satisfy her curiosity.  [So, what is it then?]

[You’ll have to wait and see.]

All the way back she harassed him, and to his surprise, he actually enjoyed the light banter.  Walking into the clearing by the houses, Alex saw that his brothers had taken the table and chairs back inside.  Cassy’s robe was hanging on a hook outside the kitchen door.  He snagged it with his teeth and trotted towards the back of the house.

Cassy followed Alex and saw him shift at the same time he entered what she had thought was a shed.  She followed suit, coming to a complete stop when the heat and humidity folded around her.

“I can’t believe you never told me you had a sauna out here!  Alex!  That is so not fair.”

The outside might look like a run down shed, but it was ship-shape on the inside.  Tiles covered the whole surface, even the roof, ensuring that the steam had no where to escape.  Alex took two bottles of water from a bar fridge and threw one at her that she caught by reflex.

“Towel?’  He asked her.

“Heck no!”  She looked around, but turned to face him with a small frown between her eyes.  “Will the others be coming?”

“No.  I told them we needed some quality time alone.”

Cassy cracked her bottle open and watched as Alex moved, heavens no; this man could never just move.  It was so much more than just moving.  If he wasn’t stalking, he was strutting, no; that was not quite the right word, she thought.  We might be wolves, but he moved more like a jungle cat, his movements were measured, lithe and breathtakingly beautiful.  It was all she could do to stop from panting after him.  Maybe this was not such a good idea after all.  Maybe she should go find that towel, or even better yet, maybe find the door and head straight up to her room like the naughty girl she is.

Instead, she found a comfortable spot facing him on the opposite side and made herself comfortable.  If she closed her eyes and tried really hard, perhaps she could pretend she was alone.  She leaned back into the smooth cool tiles behind her, shutting her eyes.  Her senses came alive as her eyes shut; the muted midnight sounds surrounding the little hut were comforting, reminding her where she was.  Familiar scents of the seven men in her life wrapped around her like a comfortable blanket.  They had a woodsy smell to them, each with a different aspect added to their rich woodsy scent.