Chapter 68

Bethany's POV

I scrolled through article after article, groaning as I saw what was the headline of each one. 

"Harry Styles shows up at ex-girlfriends old lover's party?"

"Have Chace and Harry become close after their woman dumped both of them?"

"Is there a feud going on between Harry and Chace?"

I was literally rolling my eyes at myself. Why would Harry show up at his party? Of all places, would he really expect me to go there? Would he really expect that low of me as to show up at the person who practically stabbed me in the back for six months straight? I wasn't Harry. I didn't want to go back to someone who made me feel like shit.

There were pictures of him at the bar. They seemed to be in some sort of dispute, arguing and waving hands around. Both had angry looks on their faces, showing some sort of distress. They had pictures of Harry posing with people, smiling at the camera with a fake grin. 

I could tell how tired he looked. His face was breaking out, showing me he was stressed. His eyelids were droopy, showing me he was tired. His eyes held dark circles and bags underneath them, showing me he hadn't slept in days. His hair was a  mess, his smile was fake as hell and worst of all, there was absolutely not light or life in his eyes. All you could see was pain.

It broke my fucking heart.

I had to keep telling myself it was him. I had to keep telling myself that this was his fault. He deserved to feel and look the way he does. He deserved the stress and the pain. He caused so much for me, he deserved three times as much. 

I had let him get off free, when I could have had him arrested and gone bankrupt. I could have ruined his fucking band and ruined everyone's life who had done what they had to me, but instead I let it go. I let all of the go without a consequence. I was somewhat happy to see him suffering. It showed me he was at least getting some sort of payback for everything he did. 

But seeing him like this also broke my fucking heart. I hated to see him look anything but happy. He was becoming such a good guy. He was being nice to people, using his manners, and not acting like a psychotic diva-popstar. He was becoming the person he used to be- the one who made his mom happy, the one she was telling me she had missed. 

I was helping him become a better person and whether he liked it or not, I was. I didn't want to sit back and watch him spiral out of control, but I was terrified I'd be there reason he did that. I was scared he'd become the same person he was a month and a half ago when I first met him. I didn't want that to be the way things were, and I was praying so hard that it didn't happen. 

Harry didn't need back lash. If he loves me the way he says he does, he'll fight for me. I just need to be patient. I don't know why he went out with Julia again, but there was a part of me hoping it was because he told her off. There was a part of me, hoping he was telling her he was going to fight for me.

Maybe leaving so quickly was bad. Ruining all the plans Leighton had made wasn't good, I knew that. Leaving Paris without saying goodbye to Peter wasn't polite either. He hadn't even realized I'd left till he went to the hotel the next morning to pick me up, and I wasn't there. I was a bitch. I was a crazy, stupid bitch for doing that to him. 

What was worse  was the fact that he texted me, telling me he hoped it was because Harry wanted to get back together. I never responded.

I couldn't. I felt like he was one of those people that was too good for you. He was too nice to me. He was too sweet to me. I couldn't even explain to someone how kind of a man Peter was because it was indescribable. He was the definition of a perfect gentleman, and it sucked that I had no feelings towards him at all.