Chapter 30 - The Lie

INT. UNDISCLOSED WAREHOUSE - EVENING

Danny walks up to a steel door in an alleyway. His phone vibrates.

SAM (Text)

What time does basketball practice end? Need a pick up? BTW your room is terrifying. Clean it please. Love u.

Danny texts back.

DANNY (text)

Should be be home before dinner. I'll get a ride with one of the guys. Love u too.

He puts his phone in his pocket and knocks. A viewer slides across the door revealing a pair of eyes. They look Danny up and down. The door opens and Danny walks in.

————————--------------------------------------

INT. OFFICE - GIA'S OFFICE - EVENING

Gia is unpacking pictures of her and Tanya. She places them on a shelf behind her desk when Sam lightly taps on the door.

SAM

Knock knock.

Gia turns around.

GIA

There you are! How are you liking your office?

SAM

Love it.

GIA

See I told you this office has a certain je ne said quoi.

SAM

You were right! So, the contractors should be done by the end of the week. I've gotten through most the interviews for the PI team. How is it going on your end?

Gia begins to unpack office supplies on the desk.

GIA

Not bad. I'm just waiting for your mom on the final sign off. Did she have her review yet?

SAM

Not yet. But we should know soon.

Gia nods as she aligns her couch perfectly with the coffee table.

SAM

Speaking of signing off, there is one hire I think I'll need your input on.

GIA

Yeah? Who?

SAM

Kayla Chen.

GIA

Oh, I saw her resume. That is awesome get! Why would you need my input?

SAM

Because she's Selina Wu's daughter

———-------------------------------------------------------------

INT. UNDISCLOSED WAREHOUSE - EVENING

Danny sets his school bag by a chair. He approaches a poker table with four men already sitting around it. Some are dressed in street clothes while others are wearing what looks to be expensive suits.

DANNY

Sorry I'm late.

Player 1 reaches for a fresh deck as Selina's henchman makes himself comfortable on a stool near the door. Player 1 starts to deal out the cards. Danny picks up his pile and reads his hand with a grin.