Chapter 40- Sadie

I woke up the next morning with the fattest smile plastered across my face. I hadn't been able to get rid of it since the message exchange. In fact, when I thought about it all, my smile kind of turned into something coy and very girly—very unlike me. But the whole thing also seemed to have backtracked.  I had gone there to end it with Connor and now I was thinking about us.... the possibility that we might...have...

I couldn't even form the thought in my mind, let alone say it out loud. I guess in a perfect world I had always wanted Connor to be my first. But Connor was also potentially changing schools, and I was going away at the end of the year—Perhaps not the best time for that.

I wasn't sure what to do, and since I had no one to talk to about this...

I stopped mid thought. I did have someone to talk to. I pulled my pyjamas off and slipped into my t-shirt and jeans. I could hear the shower going in McKenzie's bathroom and walked over to it.

I gave a loud knock on the door and the water turned off.

"It's me. Can I come in?"

"Sure."

I slipped in and McKenzie's head was already sticking out from behind the shower door. She looked thoughtful and concerned.

"So how did it go? How did he take it? Did you tell him?"

I nodded.

"Shit. Are you okay?" She asked, snapping her fingers at me to pass her a towel.

I reached up for one and handed it to her, not able to hide the smile that had spread out across my face again.

"What?" McKenzie looked intrigued.

"Well, I did tell him, but it didn't go exactly as I imagined." I sat on the closed lid of the toilet and McKenzie climbed out the shower and wrapped the towel around herself. For a split second I caught a very tiny flash of ample bosom, just before I covered my eyes.

"How come you inherited all the curves in the family?" I asked with my hands still over eyes.

"Trust me, it isn't all fun and games. Most of the time the guys can't really see past them and ..."

Her voice tapered off and for a second she sounded sad. I looked up at her and her face had changed somewhat.

"Never mind. This is about you. Tell me everything." She sat on the edge of the bath and crossed her hairless legs. Hairless legs, a foreign concept to me, especially when it was winter and I just didn't have the inclination.

"So...um..." I felt shy again and hung my head, wringing my hands in my lap. "We sort of kissed again, a few times."

"A goodbye kiss?" she quickly asked.

I shook my head, "No, it was more of a..." How was I going to put this? I had never had a conversation like this with anyone before. Ever. "a hello kiss I guess you could say..."

McKenzie looked at me blankly for a moment and then, suddenly, her eyes widened and she gasped.

"OMG, like a certain part of his body made an appearance saying hello!"

"WHAT!" I screeched back. "I can't believe that just came out of your mouth. You did not just say that, Oh My God." I think I my cheeks must have turned a bright shade of crimson and the warm steamy bathroom was not helping my cause.

"Biology 101, Sadie." She smiled a kind of wicked smile at me and then slapped me on the knee. "See? Isn't this nice? Girl talk."

"No!" I quickly corrected in jest. But McKenzie knew I was joking. It was actually nice to have someone to talk to. "What am I going to do?" I asked, my voice quivering a bit at the mere thought of it.

"WOW! Okay, so you're seriously considering...," She leaned in and whispered, "having S. E. X with Connor, as mom would say,"

I laughed at that and spelled back my response; I don't know.

"It's the worst idea in the world, isn't it? He's might be going away, I'm leaving in a few months, we need to have some time apart. Surely that would be the worst time for that, ever?"

"Or the best timing ever." McKenzie offered. "Think of it this way. It would be goodbye neither of you would ever forget."

I hung my head at the thought of it. "What if it's harder to say goodbye, then?"

"What if it's easier? You might take something special and beautiful away with you both, something to remember and hold onto until you meet again in a year and finally get together."

I perked up at that. "You think we will?" But, just as quickly, I shook my head. "Nah, he'll find someone."

"He won't find anyone who could ever replace you. Trust me!"

She said it with such conviction that I almost believed her.

"What should I do?" I needed her advice, she was much more experienced in matters like this. "What's it like?"

I blushed again as the words left my lips.

"I wouldn't know," McKenzie said quickly. My shock was instant.

"What? You've never? But I thought...?"

"No. Most people think that too, and sometimes it's easier just to be what others think you are. Much less complicated that way. But no, I haven't."

I looked up at my twin, she was surprising me more and more every day, with each new revelation, like peeling the layers of an onion. I wondered how much more there was to know about her.

"I can't give you advice about that stuff, Sadie, but, what I can do, is help you look a little better if you decide to... do the deed." She pulled up my jeans and made a tutting sound. "Just as I suspected. Your legs haven't seen a razor since your eye brows saw a tweezer."

I smacked her hand and we giggled a bit. It felt good having someone one to talk to about my dilemma, but McKenzie was right. It was my decision, but I was still conflicted and no closer to deciding what I wanted to do. This was one of those things I would remember for the rest of my life. And it could go so wrong...

"Just don't fall pregnant! I'm too young to be an aunt, okay!" She suddenly blurted. "I mean, your baby would be seriously cute and all.... but aunti McKenzie...?? No!"