Part forty-four

Phil P.O.V.

My head was pounding and my neck ached. As I started to move, I realised that I must've slept on the floor with my back against the wall, but I had no recollection of drifting off.

I went into the kitchen and got a glass of water, the hands on the clock telling me it was little over 3am. I wasn't sure how long I was sleeping but I craved for more, throwing myself down on the sofa and curled up, my arm under my head.

My thoughts kept going to Dan but I tried to keep my focus on my breathing, feeling too tired to feel more emotions.

He's gone.

He left.

My soul mate.

My Danosaur.

Gone.

And before I knew it, I was clutching a cushion to my chest and crying again.

Stop acting like he's dead, Phil.

I wondered where he was right now and if he was with PJ and why I hadn't heard from Chris yet, but then I remembered the time of the morning and settled on the idea that he would probably be asleep.

Eventually my breaths deepened and I was taken to safety of a dreamless sleep.

* * *

I woke again seven hours later but without anything to do, the day dragged. So did the next, and the next.

Everything reminded me of Dan or brought back a memory, but instead of smiling at them like I usually would, it made the gap in my life bigger and I missed him more with every passing second.

I didn't bother talking to people because I knew they would just tell me to move on, but that was easier said than done when you were completely in love with someone. The wounds were still fresh and I was no where near ready, and all I wanted was Dan back.