Chapter 10:

Dez

I sat on the bed looking through Teyana's Instagram at pics of her stomach, sonogram pics, and things she already brought for the baby. It's been forever since I've talked to her, but I couldn't help but wonder if this baby was mine.

Tara still has yet to say anything about it. I think she is still trying to take everything in. Shit, so am I. So I'ma give her time to do so before we talk about it.

Even tho I didn't want any other kids with anybody other than Tara, I believe there's a chance that this baby could be mine, but at the same time I've never not worn a condom. They can still break tho, right?

I believe that her saying that she's not sure if the baby is mine is complete bullshit. Teyana isn't a hoe, she isn't known for being with more than one dude at a time. I think she just doesn't want to ruin a family, but lying and prolonging ain't helping shit.

I remember when she found out I had a son she told me she wasn't looking for being with a dude that was still messing around with his babymama. Of course I lied and told her nothing was going on between me and Tara, knowing that wasn't nowhere near true. Yes, I now know. I wasn't shit for that.

This shit is all just perfect fuckin timing.

I sighed shaking my head.

She didn't have a name for the baby, but she did have the initials T.C. but that could stand for her last name which is Copper so that isn't telling me shit.

"That was that Teyana girl last night?" Tara asks standing in the entrance of our room door.

I simply nod.

"She's yours isn't she?"

"Not sure yet, Tara."

"Yeah you are and so is she. Something, no, a couple things tells me oh girl ain't a messy hoe, but then again ya never really can be too sure."

We stayed silent for a minute.

"Is this the part where you end things with me again?" I ask finally.

"No."

"No?" I look up surprised.

"No. I've been through years of bullshit with you and for you, us, to finally be doing good and this just pops up out of the fuckin blue. We are trying to move on from the past. This obviously wasn't planned which obviously doesn't make it hurt any less, but I'm not giving up on us because I love you."

I grabbed her hand pulling her over towards me placing her on to my lap so that she was straddling me.

"I love you more." I said kissing her lips softly wiping a tear that fell from her eye. "That's forever Tara."

"I think we should go step by step with this." She said. "We need to at least wait until the baby is born to see if she is actually yours."

"That we can do." I said.

"Now. I think I owe you something." I said unbuttoning the front of her jeans.

"I think you do." She said standing up removing her jeans and panties at the same time.

.....

*

Tara

I laid naked cuddled up under the covers with Dez. We both were awake, but we are sitting in a comfortable silence.

"Can I go meet her somewhere and talk?" He asks me.

I hesitated then shrugged. "You're grown, do what you want."