Entry 13 - A letter to family

(The next page is torn out, with an impression where the missing page had been written on)

Mother, Father,

I write this letter by Owen's suggestion, in hopes of reassuring you that his journey was not in vain, and that he has both arrived safely, and should be returned safely.

I have heard of the grief you suffered at my loss, and I hope that between Owen's account, and this letter, to perhaps return some joy to you.

My name is still Celeste, and I can promise beyond doubt that I am indeed your daughter. As I said in my prior letter, I live in Mirkwood, or on the ship The Black Pegasus. I have for the past 3 weeks, as of when I write this.

I am unsure what to write or tell you and what I should save if you come in person, there is much to tell, from us both, I am sure. I can assure you I am safe, healthy, and hopeful of meeting you.

Owen told me of the concern you carry... I carry similar fears. I feared I would not be what you expect, that I would be a disappointment... or worse, that I would not be wanted. After hearing what I have, I feel my fears were unfounded, simply fears after so long apart.

I want to thank you both for giving me life, and for the love you have given me both while I was there, and through the years we have been apart. I look forward to meeting you on the dock of East Wharf, and to see you both again... and to be part of your family once more.

I hope to persuade you to join me out here, or at the least, to show you my world as it is now.

Your Daughter,

Celeste Bosk