24•idle worship

💥Yin's POV💥

Looking at the custom watch I'm wearing, it reads a few minutes past 6:30 AM.

Checking myself at the mirror for the tenth time today. All good. Not a single wrinkle. I can't help myself but smile. I know it's cocky for me to say... but damn do I look good.

The familiar clicking of my shoe can be heard across my hardwood floors. The light coming in from the large floor length windows gives off a calming start to my day.

I'd rather have a different start to my day.

War.

Waking up to War will be the best way to wake up.

Soon.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my apartment.

As I exit the elevator, I was greeted with a bow from the staff and I gave them a smile.

"Oh" she said with a shock, well both her and her co-worker. They looked like they saw a ghost.

My fault. I've always had a stone-cold face.

Quickly, I make my way of out of the building and walked for less than 10 minutes before I entered the building. Everyone greeted me and I smiled in return. Apparently, I'm not responding before, based on their shocked faces.

I then toned down my smiles just not to spread any concern among the employees. Maybe I should keep a straight face.

I tap my foot as I ride up to my floor.

Looking at my phone, I still have about an hour before War comes in.

Should I buy him breakfast?

I called Max and ordered a mix of small sourdough bread. Iced Spanish Latte for War and a Cappuccino for me.

Since Nuu and Nat just came in they knocked in my door in confusion.

"Sir. We haven't received notice that you'll come in. I would've come in earlier." Nuu said in concern.

I looked up from my computer.

"It's okay, you didn't have to come early anyway. I just woke up earlier so might as well come in." I said and went back to my screen.

It took a few moments before I heard the door close. Doing something out of my routine really throws people off.

After working for just 45 mins, I got a call from Max.

"I'm going up, Sir. Just dropped the food in Mr. War's desk."

"Was he there already?" I asked.

"Yes, Sir. Though he looked... tired." He hesitantly said.

"Ok. Thank you." I said before dropping the call. I immediately went on to the CCTV application that Booth taught me to navigate. I went back to when he arrived at his floor. Keyed in the command for follow and then 5 minutes in and saw his recordings.

The way he walked inside the building is kinda slow and slouched.

I immediately picked up my phone and dialed in his number. I look at the screen how he looks at his phone. At my end, it's been ringing for 5 times but he still sits there. Looking at his phone.

"What is wrong?" I whisper on the screen and then I saw him turn off his phone and put it inside his drawer.

I dialed again, but now it says that his line is out of reach. He turned off his phone.

I rub my fingers together in thought.

My mind turned to worst. What if...

What if War took him back? Is this his way of saying that? If not, why else would he...