Unrequited Love

Marceline ate a biscuit and fries out of her Popeyes box. They ended up deciding not to get chicken considering all they had done is hunt animals up until now. They wanted a break from the meat.

Marceline explained that her mother was a human, and she had no idea where her mom was. Her dad, Hunson Abadeer, was a demon who lead other demons, vampires, and ghouls to safety one evening. She was following along, but basically got ran over. She remembers a pain on her head before blacking out. When she awoke, she wasn't sure how long it had been. She awoke the next day, clueless. The only thing she was sure of was that everyone was gone when she came to.

A zombified dog appeared behind a tree across the street from Popeyes.

Simon practically stuffed his face eating fries while listening to Marcy.

"The guys following daddy were his soldiers, I think. And he was taking them back home so they wouldn't get hurt. I thought mama was going with them, but I didn't see her in the crowd so...I dunno..."

Simon sat up and looked past the tables stacked by the door. He saw the dog in the middle of the road and froze.

"Wait Marcy, sshh."

"What is it?"

"Don't scream, okay?"

"Why?" she sounded scared. "W-what's going on?"

"You see that thing over there?" he pointed outside at the dog.

She gasped.

"We need to be quiet now, alright?"

"Alright, Simon."

"As a matter of fact, you go behind the counter."

The dog smelled their food from outside.

"I'll handle mister ugly over there." He started to walk towards the door. Marcy pulled on his shirt sleeve.

"You aren't gonna put it on, are you?"

He avoided contact with her. "I promised you I wouldn't anymore, didn't I ?"

"You broke that promise, Simon."

" I know but, just trust me this time."

She went behind the counter. "Mm-hm."

He was planning on using the crown, if all else failed.

He was gonna go for the glass tactic again. He picked up a piece of glass near the door, hoping the dog would change direction. It started to slowly walk to the building, Simon still inside. He didn't want to risk the chance of the dog bursting through the tables, putting Marcy in more danger. So, he moved the tables, went outside and quickly put them back. The sound of moving the furniture attracted the dog. Once Simon turned to face the zombie, it was two feet in front of him in that ' I'm-about-to-pounce' position.

"Oh glob," was all he could manage to utter to himself. Marceline did her best to watch from her place, hoping the glass would work for her sake. Simon noticed the dog is a greyhound.

Pleeaase don't still be fast.

"Come at me, uh, bro!"

Simon got in a fighting stance, glass in hand. The dog growled at him. It barked and pounced on him, making him stumble backwards. He shoved the glass in the side of its' neck, sending it down. It took Simon with him; its' over-grown claws were trapped in Simon's shirt. He pushed himself up by placing his hands and one foot on the dog. It squirmed under him, and once Simon got up he pushed the blade further in its' neck. It wiggles more for a few moments before giving up.