Chapter Forty Four

When this book ends, I have a new book that I will soon be completing, so look out for that. :)

Oh my god, I found an amazing remix: Monster by Meg & Dia (Untz Remix)
______________________________________

Carter's Point of View

It was late at night and I was still awake. The floorboards constantly creaked and no matter how safe I felt with Harry's arms wrapped around me, I still got the chills. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. That didn't last long when I heard a sudden giggle come from the hall.

"No," I whispered, turning over and burying my face in Harry's neck. He hadn't even budged at all. I covered my right ear and shut my eyes tight, but this time it sounded like the giggles were inside my head. "Harry, Harry, please wake up," I begged out loud. "Make it stop, please, make it stop!"

"Carter," The loud voice giggled. "Carter! Open your eyes, Carter!"

"No!" I shouted, clenching my eyes shut.

"Carter, Carter-"

The voice was oddly getting deeper. I furrowed my eyebrows, eyes snapping open as I gasped for air. It wasn't so dark anymore. I quickly sat up, trying to catch my breath. A hand was placed on my shoulder, causing me to flinch.

"It's ok, babe. You're ok," He whispered, pulling me to his chest.

"What happened?" I whispered after I had regained control of my breathing.

"You were having a nightmare. Mind telling me what about?" He softly asked, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"I-I don't know, it was in the middle if the night and you were asleep. All I heard was giggling and it wouldn't stop," I said, wiping my tear-dried eyes. He let out a long sigh before kissing the top of my head.

"I know things don't get easier after what we've been through. We need to take it a step at a time. So, if this happens again and I'm not around, I want you to take deep breaths, close your eyes count to ten and it'll all blow over."

"W-What do you mean not around? Not in town?"

It took a full minute before he responded. "I need to take long trips, Carter. But, I'll be back before you know it. I promise, ok?"

"What, wait why?" I could feel the panic starting to rise again. I hate being apart for so long, it makes me feel like they've won, makes me feel so weak.

"Food, clothes, business-but mostly food and clothes."

Before I could ask him what kind of business, he was up and out of the room. My shoulders slumped in defeat. Pulling the covers off, I followed after him, not liking the chilly shivers running up my spine.

"Good morning guys," I greeted them, earning shy waves.

"Harry's already outback. Said he wanted to start building."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen, grabbed a water bottle and walked toward the back screen door. I look out and tried to spot Harry but I couldn't seem to point him out anywhere. Must be in the forest collecting woods. Maybe I should help? But then I'd get lost.

"Who wants to go wood hunting with me?" I announced when I walked into the living room.

"Not me," Niall grumbled.

"Oh can it, Niall," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Guess I will," Liam responded, shrugging as he stood up.

"Liam, you absolute dickhead, we can't give away to our archenemies!" Niall cried out, waving his hands in the air like a big dope.

"Get your head out of your ass, Niall, we're not going anywhere for fucksake!" Liam responded with a shout. "Lets go," He grumbled, leaving the room speechless.

"Alright," I mumbled, following him out the back door and toward the forest. "Creepy," I whispered as a crow squawked in the silence. Liam silently nodded and collected more wood in his arms.

"Harry does not need wood to build things. Only using it for fire," Liam quietly explained. I decided to ignore that fact and continued to collect.

"I think we should head back now," I announced, finding the deep end of the forest a bit too creepy.

"Yeah, lets go this way."

As we made our way toward the house, I soon realized that both of us had no clue where we came from.

"Are you lost? Because I am," I whispered in fright.

"I'd hate to admit this but. . . Yeah, I'm lost too."

"Well crap."

• • •

Forty-five minutes later and we were still lost.

"Shit, I am fucking dead. If he finds us alone, I'll be skinned alive, I swear!"

"You'll be fine, I promise," I stated.

"No, you'll be fine! I'll be the one tied to a tree and burnt to a fucking crisp!"

"Calm down!" I grabbed his shoulders and shook him. "We'll find our way out and he won't even care cause we were finding-"

"What's going on?"

I jumped in shock at the new voice and turned my head. It was Harry. His gaze was focused on my hands. . . Which were on Liam's shoulder.

"God, if you're watching over, please! I promise I'll be a better person! Don't let me die today," He rambled under his breath as I quickly stepped away from him.

"Harry! We went out to collect wood and kinda got lost. Thank goodness you're here." I ran toward him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "I was starting to get worried we wouldn't find our way."

It was as if my words went through one ear and out the other. He was still focused on the boy quietly sending his prayers to God.

"Harry, it's ok, please, can we go inside now?" I frantically whispered.

"I don't like that you were touching him."

"It was just to snap him out of acting like a lunatic!"

"Hey!" A whine came from behind, but it was ignored.

"I don't care." He mumbled, glare still settled on Liam. "Inside. Now." He demanded the two of us. Liam was awfully quick to obey. I was about to follow him in when a hand gripped my forearm and pulled me till my back was against a tree. "Don't you fucking dare go runnin' off with one of em. Hell knows what they'd do when I'm not there."

"Harry, they aren't like that-"

"No, I don't want to hear it." With a kiss on my lips, I was dragged inside and pulled onto Harry's lap as he wrapped a protective arm around me. The whole night was spent with shared weary looks and strong glares. Oh boy.

______________________________________
Author's Note -

Uh, so yes, I am indeed alive and really trying to get back on the coarse of daily writing seeing as I took quite a long break. But, I promise,

I have this epic plot for a new story and I won't be planning on publishing it until I finish the entire book so you guys won't have to ask how long until I finish the next chapter! Hehe.

Love you, cherrie blossoms.