Fifty-Two

She walked home slowly and painfully. Her feet burned and ached dully. She cried continually. Sometimes hard, sometimes silently. She barely had the will to take each step, but her mother would worry. Her mother would worry. Her mother. She finally made it home. Her shoulders were hunched and she was trembling all over. She sobbed quietly. She opened the door to her house and stumbled into the living room.

"I'm home." She whispered.

"Honey what happened?" Her mother came out of the kitchen and looked at her shocked. By now, she was trembling violently.

"You were right." She sobbed.

"What?" Her mother walked towards her. She put her head in her hands.

"Mom, you were right. He-he-he-" She sobbed violently. Her mother grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry." Her mother rubbed her back as she sobbed.

"Mommy!" She wailed pitifully. Her knees gave out from underneath her and she fell to the floor, dragging her mother with her. Her mother pulled her into her lap and cradled Nari in her arms. She cried uncontrollably into her mother's neck.

"It's okay. It's okay." Her mother cooed and rocked her back and forth like a baby.

"Mom. Mom he broke his promise. He said-he said-" She was crying too hard to continue.

"Honey I know. You dad broke his promise too. You're okay. You'll be okay." Her mother assured her. She was destroyed. Absolutely and totally mutilated.

"Mommy..." She sobbed. Her mother attempted to pull her up.

"Cmon sweetie. You're freezing, let's take a nice hot bath. Okay?"

"Okay." She nodded and stood up. Her mother led her to the bathroom and filled up the tub like she was a kid again. Her mother kissed her forehead and left her. She sobbed quietly as she slipped off her clothes and stepped into the bath. She slumped into the bath and cried silently. She tried to melt away into the water and calm herself. She succeeded, kind of. She stopped crying, but she was still trembling. Her heart hurt so much. It felt as if she was on the verge of death, every heartbeat was her last. It probably would hurt less if she just died. Her mother would survive, she always did. It had already been established that Suga didn't care. She lazily looked over at the razor blades. Then she thought of oblivion and blackness and not being able to see and remember. She couldn't do it. She was too much of a coward. A single tear rolled down her cheek. She splashed water on her face and stood. She dried herself off and put on her pajamas. She didn't even sit at her window. She just got in her bed and curled up. She didn't try to sleep, she just stared into the darkness and tried to ignore her shattered heart.

Did it really hurt this much?