Chapter Eighteen.

Rakim

Lauren along with Tay finally got us to tag along with them. We ended up at a beach in some part of California that was a few hours away from the house. This trip has been cool and actually a stress free one.

It got me away from the drama at home along with the shit with Ryan. Speaking of, she hasn't been harassing me anymore which I feel is a test. She might be plotting on me along with her bother but I really didn't care. I'm too focus on a young lady than a little girl. It's funny how Lauren is younger than any of my other ex's or the girls I've encountered but more mature than any of them. I love that shit.

"I'll throw your ass in that water." I said to Lauren, who kept playing with me.

"I dare you." She said, standing in front of me.

I stood up from the bench chairs, scooping her up. I begin to walk to the water which made her realize I wasn't playing.

"If you throw me in that water."

"You'll just be a wet motherfucker." I smiled, putting her on feet.

"You play entirely too much."

I mimicked her as she walked back up to were Tay and Ferg where.

"I'm getting darker." Tay complained once we made it back.

"Well, that's nothin' new." I smiled over at her.

"Bitch, shut up."

"Rocky, let me talk to you real quick." Ferg stood up from his chair so I did the same.

I followed behind Ferg up to where the restrooms along with hot dog stands were, things like that. I saw a few guys skating across the street.

"Twelvyy called you?" He asked once we made it close to what I believe was a bathroom.

"Nah, what that?"

"He called and said Rich and his crew lookin' for us." Ferg faked a scared look then started laughing.

"Like we give a fuck," I laughed also. "That what you needed?"

"Nah, I need you to come to the bathroom with me."

"Bitch, you gay."

"Don't even play me." He said as her walked to the bathroom. I stood outside the door for his scary ass.

I laughed at the thought of Rich. This nigga really thought we scared of him. Every since the situation with his sister went down, he been threaten me. I laughed that shit off cause I wasn't scared of no damn body especially Rich. Rich doesn't got beef with me over Ryan, it's some way deeper than that, that happen a while ago.

"Hey!" Said a soft voice.

I looked up from my phone to see brown skin girl in front of me. She was beautiful, I'm going to come clean but she wasn't Lauren.

"Wassup." I licked my lips, not intentionally.

"I was just coming to see would you like to hang out." She asked with a smile.

"Look my girlfriend crazy as fuck and she'll kill me and you, so I think that answer your question."

She nod her head and walked away as I burst out laughing.

"The fuck wrong with you?" Ferg asked coming out the bathroom.

"Some shorty just tried to holler at me."

"Lauren will bury your ass."

"Oh I already know." I said as we begin to make our back over to them, who were down by the water.

I took my seat and decided to scope Lauren out. Of course them being them decided to take pictures and act goofy. I chuckled and realized that I was lucky to have a girl like her.

Lauren

I felt the breezy wind hit my bare arms, causing me to slip on a jacket before walking out onto the balcony. It was going on midnight and I was the only one up right now. Rakim and Ferg went straight to sleep once we got home from a party with Ty, who's at his girlfriend's house. Taya went to sleep an hour after they went which left me alone.

I never liked the fact of being up alone because it leaves me deep in my thoughts. A thought reminded me that I needed to call my father for something.

"Mm, I was wondering when you were going to call me." My father said as soon as he answered the phone.

"Hey Dad." I laughed a little and so did he.

"Hey baby, how's California?"

"It's wonderful, as usual, but I was calling to ask you something." I zipped my jacket before sitting at the patio table.

"What is it?"

"Alright, so you know how you don't quote on quote approve of Rakim?"

"Who the hell is Rakim?"

"Rocky, Dad." I shook my head a little.

"Oh yeah I don't."

"I understand you're looking out for me, but I don't feel like you know Rakim enough to judge him. Maybe he did do some things in the past that are not good, but he's past that. Can you just sit down and have a talk with him, please?"

There were silence on the other end of the phone for a few moments. I knew he was thinking long and hard about what I just said. I just wanted him to get to know Rakim and not Rocky, the drug dealer or the troublemaker as he put it.

"Yeah Lauren. I have a talk with him if that will make you happy, but there isn't a guarantee I'm going to like him because we talked. We'll have to see, aight? Just bring him by the company when y'all touchdown."

"Alright, thank you Daddy." I smiled, looking out in the distance.

"Goodnight little girl. Calling me about some nigga, I should whoop your ass."

"I love you too." I laughed a little too hard.

"I didn't even say all that."

"You implied it though, son."

"Whatever, Lauren. Call me in the morning when you wake up. Be safe out there."

"I will."

"Alright, love you."

"I love you too."

And with that, we ended the call. I was relieved that he agreed to have a talk with Rakim, but I wasn't sure how this was going to go or end. I just hope they can be cordial or it's really going to be a problem that's most likely isn't going to get solved.

I cleared my head before going back into the house to get ready for bed.