Chapter 17 : How They Hurt Their Saviour

"Nani?!" Ara yelled.

"Gomen, Ara-chan... But I can't decline... It's a very important mission..."

"...When will you come back?" She muttered.

"The mission is about 2 weeks. But I'll try to finish it in one. It's just from here to Suna and back, after all." Kakashi said, as he stood up, and walked towards the front door.

"You may be hurry, but don't be reckless. And if you get hurt, go to hospital immediately. Don't try to find me first, like the last time. I don't want to have to find an antidote for your clumsiness."

"Okay. No promises on the last part, though."

"... Aniki ..." Ara growled.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Sorry, imouto."

"Just be careful."

Kakashi pulled Ara into a tight hug. "And for that one, I promise I will. As long as you do the same."

"Okay." She said, and Kakashi let her go.

"I love you." Kakashi said, as he smiled softly, and ruffled Ara's white hair.

"Love you too, Aniki."

Kakashi kissed Ara's forehead. He put on his mask.

"See you in a week."

Then he disappeared.

*/*\*/*\*

"Hello, Hatake number 2!" Shisui yelled, as he barged into the house.

Ara sighed, as she stood up from the couch. "Hi Shisui."

"Ne... Ara-chan... Why so gloomy?"

"Let me guess: Kakashi's on mission." Itachi said, as he walked in, and closed the door.

"Yeah..." Ara muttered, as she picked up Bull, and starts petting him.

"Wow, look at the puppy. He's big now." Shisui stated.

Ara nodded, as she leaned on the couch.

"You know, ever since that night, I haven't left this place, unless teleporting to the Hokage office."

"Why?" This time Itachi asked.

"I'm scared." She muttered.

The two Uchihas stayed silent.

*/*\*/*\*

It has been about 6 days since Kakashi left for his mission, and Ara...

Ara is bored as hell.

But she noticed something different from her guardian.

'Yūsha' Ara called, as she petted Guruko's head.

-What is it, Ara?-

'You have been acting weird.'

Yūsha turned away. -I know.-

'Why?'

-Our bond is damaged. Don't you feel it? When you accidentally bumped on Kakashi yesterday, I can't feel your pain. I usually can feel anything your sense feel.-

'Is it... The Kyūbi?'

-Maybe.-

'Whatever. I need some candy.' She stated, before putting Guruko down and exited the house.

She might be scared, but even her love of sugar is stronger than her fear of the villagers.

*/*\*/*\*